Brown in the 2012 NFL season
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||October 14, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Phoenix (AZ) South Mountain|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 4 / Pick: 118|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Jalil Brown (born October 14, 1987) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He played college football at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and was selected in the fourth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs. Brown has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins.
High school career
Brown broke Terrell Suggs' rushing record with 512 yards.
Brown attended the University of Colorado at Boulder where he finished his career with 167 career tackles, six interceptions, and 21 pass deflections.
After his senior season, he was invited to play in the 2011 Senior Bowl.
Kansas City Chiefs
Brown was selected with the 118th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs. After the season, Brown had 8 tackles. He also has 1 fumble recovery against the New York Jets. Brown`s best game during the season was against the New England Patriots, where he had 3 tackles. The Chiefs waived him in the last round of final cuts on September 1, 2013.
Brown was signed by the Indianapolis Colts on October 22, 2013 after placing Reggie Wayne on injured reserve. After appearing in five games for the Colts, Brown was waived by the Colts on December 14, 2013.
Second stint with Indianapolis
On September 30, 2014, Brown signed with the Indianapolis Colts. He was released on November 4, 2014.
Second stint with Miami
Brown re-signed with the Miami Dolphins on November 15, 2014.
Third stint with Indianapolis
On November 27, 2014, the Indianapolis Colts waived cornerback Louchiez Purifoy and signed Brown for a third time. Brown was placed on injured reserve on October 7, 2015. Brown was released on October 13, 2015. Brown was re-signed by the Colts on December 8, 2015. On September 4, 2016, he was released by the Colts.
- "Jalil Brown". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "INDIANAPOLIS COLTS MAKE ROSTER MOVES". 22 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Indianapolis Colts Make Roster Moves
- "Indianapolis Colts: Jalil Brown". www.colts.com. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- Miami Dolphins on Twitter: The team has waived tight end Michael Egnew, defensive tackle Micajah Reynolds and waived/injured defensive back Jalil Brown.
- "Colts sign Mathis to extension through 2016". Sportsnet. September 30, 2014. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- Kelly, Omar. "http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-resign-cornerback-jalil-brown-20141115-story.html". Sun Sentinel. External link in
- "Colts waive rookie cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy, sign Jalil Brown". si.com. November 27, 2014. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Luck, Hasselbeck questionable for Texans game; Colts re-sign Josh Johnson for depth". Fox 59. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Report: Colts cut Jalil Brown". Indianapolis Colts. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". blogs.colts.com. December 8, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- Bowen, Kevin. "Colts Claim Two Defensive Backs Off Waiver Wire". Colts.com.