|City of license||Pasig City|
|Broadcast area||Metro Manila and surrounding areas|
|Slogan||New Music Alternative|
|First air date||May 27, 1988 (as Citylite 88.3)
July 1, 2003 (as Jam 88.3)
|Format||Modern rock, Alternative rock, Mainstream rock|
|Former callsigns||DWCT-FM (1988-2003)|
|Owner||Tiger 22 Media Corporation
(Raven Broadcasting Corporation)
DWJM-FM, currently branded as JAM 88.3, is a music FM station owned and operated by Raven Broadcasting Corporation. The station's studio is located in Unit 202 Strata 2000 Building F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center, Pasig City, while the transmitter is located at Palos Verdes Executive Village, Brgy. Seven Hills, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Rizal, sharing the same site of 99.5 Play FM and 93.9 iFM.
as Citylite 88.3 (1988-2003)
Raven Broadcasting Corporation (callsign - DWCT-FM), Citylite 88.3, a smooth jazz radio station owned by Francis Lumen, played smooth jazz and rhythm and blues from May 27, 1988 to June 30, 2003. It competed directly with 105.1 Crossover and Kiss Jazz 101.1. On October 1996, Citylite 88.3 launched on the internet with its live streaming on the old website, After 2 years, Raven Broadcasting Corporation was acquired by The Radio Partners, Inc. while Francis Lumen switched to Joey @ Rhythms 92.3. From March 2001 to June 2003, it was known as Smooth Jazz Citylite 88.3. On June 30, 2003, after 15 years on DWCT-FM, Citylite 88.3 bid farewell. As its “swansong”, it played Eumir Deodato’s “Love Island” on the program “Smooth Classic Sunday” with DJ Harvey.
as Jam 88.3 (2003-present)
On July 1, 2003, Raven Broadcasting Corporation relaunched the station as Jam 88.3 (it also changed its callsign to DWJM) to cater to a larger more advertiser-friendly audience.
Jam 88.3 was originally launched as an "easy listening" station. Within a year of launching, the station quickly established itself as a popular trend-setting station in The Philippines with unique programs and segments. Jam has a reputation for discovering new talent and music. It is largely recognized in the Philippine music industry for starting the Acoustic music trend of 2003 and 2004. The station can also be credited for propelling the return to prominence of OPM ( Original Pilipino Music) beginning in 2005.
In 2011, the station began its programming gradually shifted from poprock-genres to fully transitioned alternative/modern rock and Indie rock music, even after the demise of the two defunct rock stations NU 107 and UR 105.9.
Last September 11, 2012, it was relaunched as The New Jam. The station's format is still the same, but includes Mainstream rock & few new programs.
- Eric and Roanna Show
- The Daily Beat with Lana
- The Joint with Jada
- Russ Davis
- Quick Fix at 6 with Lambert
- High Times with Mike
- Slide - Classic rock; Fridays, all day.
- WRXP: Weekend Rock XPerience - All request rock; Saturdays, all day.
- Republik - Pinoy rock from the past to present; Sundays, 6am - 6pm.
- Different Sunday - covers, versions and everything in between; Sundays, 6pm - 12mn.
- X: The Top 10 Countdown - Jam 88.3's weekly chart; Mondays, 2pm - 3pm.
- Roanna Ruiz
- Eric Tipan
- Lana Buhay (also providing the female voice-over on Jack City on BEAM Channel 31)
- Jada Pangan
- Lambert Cruz
- Russ Davis
- Mike Libot
- Migs Torres
|Citylite 88.3||Manila's Only Smooth Jazz Radio||1988-2003|
|Jam 88.3||Your Kind of Mix||2003-2010|
|Jam 88.3||We Get the Hits First||2010-2012|
|Jam 88.3||New music alternative||2012-present|
Compilations of Jam 88.3
- Jam Sessions - Radio Live (2004)
- Jam88.3's Not Another Christmas Album (2004)
- The Blend: a Jam-cappella album (2005)
- Doobie Nights (2005)
- UltraelectromagneticJam: The Music of The Eraserheads (Sony BMG Music Philippines, 2005)
- Not Another Christmas Album (PolyEast Records Philippines, 2006)
- Indiscreet: Fresh Music Exposed (PolyEast Records Philippines, 2010)
- 17th KBP Golden Dove Award for BEST FM RADIO STATION (2008)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Magazine Program Host (Patti, 2007)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Radio Documentary Program (Audiofiles, 2007)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Produced Radio Commercial (Team Asia Seminar, 2004)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Promotion Material - Radio (Info Jam, 2004)
- 7th Philippine Web Awards (2004)Best Web Site Media & Entertainment JAM 88.3 your kind of mix www.jam883.fm
- 8th Philippine Web Awards (2005)Best Web Site Entertainment Jam 88.3- Your Kind of Mix www.jam883.fm