|City of license||Pasig City|
|Broadcast area||Metro Manila and surrounding areas
|Slogan||New Music Alternative|
|First air date||October 1987 (as Citylite 88.3)
July 1, 2003 (as Jam 88.3)
|Format||Independent and alternative music|
|Former callsigns||DWCT-FM (1987–2003)|
|Owner||Tiger 22 Media Corporation
(Raven Broadcasting Corporation)
DWJM, broadcasting as Jam 88.3, is a radio station in Metro Manila that plays independent and alternative music. It is owned and operated by Raven Broadcasting Corporation. The station's studio is located in Unit 202 Strata 2000 Building F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center, Pasig City, while the transmitter is located at Palos Verdes Executive Village, Brgy. Seven Hills, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Rizal, sharing the same site of 99.5 Play FM
Citylite 88.3 (1987–2003)
Raven Broadcasting Corporation (callsign - DWCT-FM), Citylite 88.3, a smooth jazz radio station owned by Francis Lumen, played smooth jazz and rhythm and blues from October 1987 to June 30, 2003. It competed directly with 105.1 Crossover and Kiss Jazz 101.1 (now Yes FM 101.1). It is also the official radio station of CNN and Asia Business News.
On October 1996, Citylite 88.3 launched on the internet with its live streaming on the old website. After 2 years, Raven Broadcasting Corporation was acquired by The Radio Partners, Inc. while Francis Lumen switched to Joey @ Rhythms 92.3. From March 2001 to June 2003, it was known as Smooth Jazz Citylite 88.3. On June 30, 2003, after 15 years on DWCT-FM, Citylite 88.3 bid farewell. As its last song, it played Eumir Deodato’s “Love Island” on the program “Smooth Classic Sunday” with DJ Harry.
Jam 88.3 (2003–present)
In 2011, the station began its programming gradually shifted from poprock-genres to fully transitioned alternative/modern rock and Indie rock music, even after the demise of the two defunct rock stations NU 107 (now Wish 1075) and UR 105.9 (now Retro 105.9 DCG FM).
Last September 11, 2012, it was relaunched as The New Jam. The station's format is still the same, but includes Mainstream rock and a few new programs.
- Jam Sessions - Radio Live (2004)
- Jam 88.3's Not Another Christmas Album (2004)
- The Blend: a Jam-cappella album (Star Records, 2005)
- Doobie Nights (2005)
- UltraelectromagneticJam: The Music of The Eraserheads (Sony BMG Music Philippines, 2005)
- Not Another Christmas Album (PolyEast Records, 2006)
- Indiscreet: Fresh Music Exposed (PolyEast Records Philippines, 2010)
- Fresh Filter Volume 1: a compilation album on vinyl consisting of 12 songs from different Filipino independent music acts, co-produced by Satchmi.
- 17th KBP Golden Dove Award for BEST FM RADIO STATION (2008)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Magazine Program Host (Patti, 2007)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Radio Documentary Program (Audiofiles, 2007)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Produced Radio Commercial (Team Asia Seminar, 2004)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Promotion Material - Radio (Info Jam, 2004)
- 7th Philippine Web Awards (2004)Best Web Site Media & Entertainment JAM 88.3 your kind of mix www.jam883.fm
- 8th Philippine Web Awards (2005)Best Web Site Entertainment Jam 88.3- Your Kind of Mix www.jam883.fm
- Caña, Paul John (August 1, 2015). "Twelve years of relevant radio". GMA News Online. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- Caña, Paul John (May 20, 2015). "The best of Pinoy indie on vinyl". GMA Network, Inc.#GMA News Online. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- Liwanag, Punch (June 15, 2015). "Audio Junkie: Spin the black circle". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved September 26, 2015.