This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Metro Manila and surrounding areas
|Slogan||New Music Alternative|
|First air date||October 1987 (as Citylite 88.3)
July 1, 2003 (as Jam 88.3)
|Format||Independent and alternative music|
|Former callsigns||DWCT-FM (1988–2003)|
|Owner||Tiger 22 Media Corporation
(Raven Broadcasting Corporation)
DWJM, broadcasting as Jam 88.3, is a 24-hour radio station in Metro Manila that plays independent and alternative music. It is owned and operated by Raven Broadcasting Corporation. The station's studio is located on the 19th flr Unit 202 Strata 200(at the time) Building F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center, Pasig City, while the transmitter is located at Palos Verdes Executive Village, Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Rizal, sharing the same site of Wave 89.1 and 99.5 Play FM, and is also one of two most powerful FM stations in the Metro Manila DMA in terms of its total transmitter power output, together with 93.9 iFM (owned by the Radio Mindanao Network).
Citylite 88.3 (1986–1996)
Raven Broadcasting Corporation (callsign - DWCT-FM), Citylite 88.3, a smooth jazz radio station owned by 7 Board members at the launch of the station. They were Gerry Geronimo,Steve Salonga, Alex Limjuco,Kit Ravina, Francis Lumen,Bong Sierra and Mike Pedero who was also the program director at the time. The Station played smooth jazz,Contemporary pieces and rhythm and blues from July 26, 1986 to June 30, 2003.The original staff consisted of only 7 radio personalities namely: Pancho Alvarez 6am to 10am, Pinky Aseron 10am to 2 PM, Mike Taylor(Adam Kite) 2pm to 6 pm, Ramon Cruz(Joey Pizza) 6PM to 10 PM and J.Zorrilla (Jlatin) 10pm to 2AM.The other 2 personalities were Eya Perdigon and Wickette who handled the daily news broadcasts. It was the forerunner of R&B,contemporary music and Jazz after an absence of the genre for over 10 years. 105.1 Crossover and Kiss Jazz 101.1 (now 101.1 Yes The Best) just followed suit after the success of the station with the A and B crowd.. It is also the official radio station of CNN and Asia Business News and was also affiliated with the American expats in the country.
In October 1996, Citylite 88.3 launched on the internet with its live streaming on the old website. After 2 years, Raven Broadcasting Corporation was acquired by The Radio Partners, Inc. while Francis Lumen switched to Joey @ Rhythms 92.3. From March 2001 to June 2003, it was known as Smooth Jazz Citylite 88.3. On June 30, 2003, after 15 years on DWCT-FM, Citylite 88.3 bid farewell. As its last song, it played Eumir Deodato’s “Love Island” on the program “Smooth Classic Sunday” with DJ Harry.
Jam 88.3 (2003–present)
In 2011, the station began its programming gradually shifted from poprock-genres to fully transitioned alternative/modern rock and Indie pop/rock music, even after the demise of the two defunct rock stations NU 107 (now Wish 1075) and UR 105.9 (now Retro 105.9 DCG FM).
Last September 11, 2012, it was relaunched as The New Jam. The station's format is still the same, but includes Mainstream rock and a few new programs.
Since 2013, the station became the home of playing songs from local and unsigned Filipino independent artists/bands through its supplemental program Fresh Filter. Some indie acts became popular (and eventually rise into mainstream) such as Autotelic, Bullet Dumas, Yolanda Moon and others.
- Jam Sessions - Radio Live (2004)
- Jam 88.3's Not Another Christmas Album (2004)
- The Blend: a Jam-cappella album (Star Music, 2005)
- Doobie Nights (Independent Music, 2005)
- UltraelectromagneticJam: The Music of The Eraserheads (Ivory Music Philippines, 2005)
- Not Another Christmas Album (PolyEast Records, 2006)
- Indiscreet: Fresh Music Exposed (PolyEast Records Philippines, 2010)
- Fresh Filter: Volume 1: a compilation album on vinyl consisting of 12 songs from different Filipino independent music acts, co-produced by Satchmi.
- 17th KBP Golden Dove Award for BEST FM RADIO STATION (2008)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Magazine Program Host (Patti, 2007)
- 16th KBP Golden Dove Award for Best Radio Documentary Program (Audiofiles, 2007)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Produced Radio Commercial (Team Asia Seminar, 2004)
- KBP Golden Dove Award for Outstanding Station Promotion Material - Radio (Info Jam, 2004)
- 7th Philippine Web Awards (2004)Best Web Site Media & Entertainment JAM 88.3 your kind of mix www.jam883.fm
- 8th Philippine Web Awards (2005)Best Web Site Entertainment Jam 88.3- Your Kind of Mix www.jam883.fm
- Caña, Paul John (August 1, 2015). "Twelve years of relevant radio". GMA News Online. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- Caña, Paul John (May 20, 2015). "The best of Pinoy indie on vinyl". GMA News Online. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- Liwanag, Punch (June 15, 2015). "Audio Junkie: Spin the black circle". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "INTERVIEW: RUSS DAVIS ON FRESH FILTER AND INDEPENDENT MUSIC". Radio Republic. January 28, 2014. Retrieved January 9, 2017.