|Studio album by|
|Released||October 1, 1999|
August 2004 (reissue)
|Genre||Stoner rock, blues rock, alternative metal, hardcore punk, funk metal|
|Label||River Road Records|
Megaforce Records (reissue)
|Producer||Clutch and Larry Packer|
The initial limited release contained 12 tracks in 1999 and was a European release only to begin with, and had to be an import for their home country USA, but in 2004 it was reissued by Megaforce Records with three additional tracks, "The Drifter," "I Send Pictures," and "Sink 'Em Low" added to the albums song list.
The version of "Sink 'Em Low" found on the reissue is the demo version of the same track found on Pure Rock Fury, which is faster and heavier. The track "One Eye Dollar" was re-recorded in 2007 on the album From Beale Street to Oblivion.
It was another example of the band releasing demo versions to songs that would later become something slightly different, as they did with Impetus, Pitchfork & Lost Needles and Slow Hole to China, the former being a reissue itself, the middle album a compilation of early material as well as unreleased, and the latter having its own reissue some years later with extra tracks, just like this album did.
It captures the various styles of the band, with a very diverse mix of Punk / Heavy roots, through their more Stoner Rocker styles, it adds some Blues Rock to the mix finally with unaccredited Organ on some tracks (a style the band would embrace in the future much more prolifically) and continues with some of their Funk Metal efforts as well.
All songs written by Clutch.
|1.||"Who Wants to Rock?"||1:24|
|2.||"Big Fat Pig"||4:53|
|3.||"Going to Market"||2:00|
|4.||"One Eye Dollar"||1:13|
|5.||"Raised by Horses"||3:20|
|6.||""Bertha's Big Back Yard""||0:26|
|8.||"Swamp Boot Upside Down"||3:24|
|9.||"Basket of Eggs"||4:58|
|10.||"Release the Kraken"||3:35|
|11.||"The Drifter" (reissue)||4:29|
|12.||"I Send Pictures" (reissue)||3:35|
|13.||"Sink 'Em Low" (reissue)||3:56|
|15.||"Release the Dub"||3:44|
- Neil Fallon - vocals
- Tim Sult - guitar
- Dan Maines - bass
- Jean-Paul Gaster - drums
- Delfeayo Marsalis - horns on "Release the Dub"
- Heartbeat - percussion on "I Send Pictures"
- Spoken Word on "Release the Kraken" from the 'Brewers Dictionary of Phrases and Fables'.
- Uncredited - Hammond Organ
- Produced by Clutch and Sir Lawrence Packer
- Recorded at Uncle Punchy Studios, Silversprings, MD
- Engineering by Larry "Uncle Punchy" Packer
- Mastered at Masterdisk by Howie Weinberg
- Photography by Steve Truglio
- Allmusic review
- "Pro Rock". www.pro-rock.com. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- bravewords.com. "Megaforce To Issue CLUTCH's Jam Room In August". bravewords.com. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "the AU interview: Jean Paul Gaster of Clutch (Maryland) | the AU review". the AU review. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "Clutch - Jam Room review | Lambgoat". lambgoat.com. Retrieved 2016-02-20.