From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Jamaame)
The Juba River downstream from Jamame.
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
It is the center of the Jamame District.
Jamame has a population of around 224,700 inhabitants.
- Haji Farah Ali Omar - Minister of Economic Affairs in Somalia's post-independence civilian government
- Haji Ahmed Aadan- Chairman of Bimal tradational elders and frist mayor of jamaame district.
- Haji Mohamud Ali Hamuunle- Most famous elder and peace activist.
- Awyare Abiikar Mo'alim Ahmed- General manager of water aggency in Jamaame District.
- Ahmed Noor Abdi Yarow- peace activist
- "Somalia City & Town Population". Tageo. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- David D. Laitin, Said S. Samatar, Somalia: Nation in Search of a State, (Westview Press: 1987), p. 27.
|This Somalia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|