From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Jamaat (Arabic: جماعتِ ) (meaning Assembly) can apply to the following:
- Jamia - a gathering or congregation; place of gathering.
- Jamaat-e-Islami - a South Asian Islamic movement based in Pakistan, Bangladesh (Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh) and India (Jamaat-e-Islami Hind).
- Jamaat-ul-Muslimeen - a Muslim organization in Indo-Pak.
- Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind - an Islamic group in India.
- Tablighi Jamaat - a global Islamic missionary group.
- Jemaah Islamiyah - an Indonesian Islamic group.
- Jama'at al-Jihad al-Islami - an Islamic group operating in Central Asia and Russia.
- Jamaat ul-Fuqra - an Islamic group operating in Pakistan.
- Jama'at-ud-Da'wah - an Islamic group operating in Pakistan.
- Jamaat Khana - a place of worship in the Ismaili branch of Shia Islam.
- Jamia Millia Islamia - a university established by Muslims in New Delhi, India.
- Jamia Nazmia - a Shia Muslim education centre in Lucknow, India.
- Al Jamea tus Saifiyah - an Islamic academy in Surat, India.
- Jama'at-e Rabbani - a Christian Assemblies of God organisation in Iran.
- A sort of parliament in the Elisu Sultanate and the Djaro-Belokani communities
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jamaat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.