|Birth name||Jamai Johannes Loman|
|Born||June 30, 1986|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actor, children's TV presenter|
Jamai (at that time living with his parents and two elder sisters), grew up in Schoonhoven, where he started his "career" in a school musical. He also performed at the school's "Shownight" in 2000, and played in the school jazzband called 8CC.
In 2003 he entered the Dutch Idols competition. To his surprise, he survived round after round and was voted the winner. At the 2003 World Idol however, he only received 36 points and came in last, with a slashing Jury report.
Shortly after releasing his third single, Jamai decided to move from the music business to acting and he starred in the musicals Doornroosje (Sleeping Beauty), Hello, Dolly! and Jesus Christ Superstar. Currently (January 2007) he is in The Wiz, where he is playing the role of the Wiz and alternating the role of the Scarecrow.
Jamai's management announced that he will be playing the role of Marius Pontmercy in the musical Les Misérables, at London's West End in the summer of 2007. This however proved to be false, the producers of the show claiming he had auditioned, but was never promised the role. In 2008 Jamai played the role of Marius in the Dutch revival version of Les Misérables, for which he received a John Kraaijkamp Musical Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ in a large musical production.
In 2009 Jamai is set to play the part of Bobby Strong in the M-Lab production of Urinetown.
Dutch Idol Performances
Top 30: Always On My Mind by Willie Nelson
Top 10: Everything I Do, I Do It For You by Bryan Adams
Top 09: Love Is All Around
Top 08: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Elton John
Top 07: De Vleugels Van Mijn Vlucht
Top 06: Relight My Fire by Take That
Top 05: Always
Top 04: Angels by Robbie Williams
Top 04: Let's Get Loud by Jennifer Lopez
Top 03: If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red
Top 03: Celebration by Kool and The Gang
Finale: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Elton John
Finale: Your Song by Elton John
Finale: Step Right Up
2003 Step Right Up, Single
2003 Greatest Moments, Idols Album
2003 Jamai, Album
2003 When you walk in the room, Single (ft. Dewi, 4th place Idols)
2004 Wango Tango, Single
2005 Super Guppie zingt, Album starring different artists, in connection with the Dutch "Children's Books Week"
2006 Jesus Christ Superstar, Dutch Original Cast Album
- 2003 Bij Paul op de koffie, Theater tour with Dutch artist Paul de Leeuw
- 2004 Musical Doornroosje (Sleeping Beauty), Jonathan, Nationale Tour, Studio 100
- 2004-2005 Hello, Dolly!, Barnaby Tucker, Dutch tour
- 2005-2006 Jesus Christ Superstar, Simon Zealotes, Nationale Tour, Joop van den Ende theaterproducties/Stage-entertainment
- 2006 Musicals In Ahoy' - Ahoy' Rotterdam
- 2006-2007 The Wiz, Scarecrow en The Wiz, Beatrix Theater Utrecht, Joop van den Ende Theaterproducties/Stage Entertainment
- 2008 Les Misérables, Marius, Luxor Theater Rotterdam - Royal Theatre Carré Amsterdam, Joop van den Ende theaterproducties/Stage-entertainment
- 2009 Urinetown, Bobby Strong, M-Lab
- 2009-2010 Disney Musical Sing a long, Soloist.
- 2010 Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, Alternate Joseph, Joop van den Ende Theaterproducties.
- 2010-2011 Urinetown, Bobby Strong, Nationale Tour, Joop van den Ende theaterproducties/Stage-entertainment
- 2011 Maria!, Teunis, M-lab Amsterdam
- 2011-2012 De Winnaar, M-Lab Amsterdam
- 2012 Droomvlucht, Krakeel, Theater De Efteling, Joop van den Ende Theaterproducties/Stage Entertainment
- 2012 Miss Saigon, Chris, Beatrix Theater Utrecht, Joop van den Ende Theaterproducties/Stage Entertainment
- 2012-2013 Shrek, Heer Farquaad, RAI Theater Amsterdam en Nationale Tour, Albert Verlinde Entertainment
In 2003 Jamai won the "Gouden Vedel", a price awarded by the Dutch Association of Dancing Teachers to artists who release a good dance record. He received this award for his single Step Right Up, used in dancing classes for learning the cha-cha-cha.
Jamai won the "John Kraaijkamp Musical Award 2005" for Best Upcoming Talent, for his role of Barnaby Tucker in Hello, Dolly!. The Award includes a scholarship of 10.000 Euro.
Nominated for the "John Kraaijkamp Musical Award 2006" for Best Male Supporting Role for Simon in Jesus Christ Superstar.
In 2008 Jamai won the "John Kraaijkamp Musical Award 2008" for Best Male Supporting Role for Marius Pontmercy in Les Misérables.
In October 2006, Jamai started presenting the children's Television program Jetix Max, together with actress Nicolette van Dam.
In December 2006, he dubbed the voice for penguin Mumble in the animated movie Happy Feet.
Jamai has been an Ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the Netherlands since May 2004.
In July 2009, Jamai was announced the winner of the fourth season of the Dutch Dancing with the Stars
From July till August 2009 Jamai is also co-presenting the "waar is Elvis" (where is Elvis) television show for RTL4. 
Season 1 (2003)
Helga van Leur & Marcus van Teijlingen
|Dancing With The Stars winner
Season 4 (2009 with Gwyneth van Rijn)