Jamai Raja (TV series)
|Also known as||Beloved Son-in-law|
|Created by||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd|
|Written by||Abhishek Kumar |
|Directed by||Sangieta Rao|
|Creative director(s)||Niraj Kumar Mishra|
|Starring||Ravi Dubey |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||701|
|Executive producer(s)||Aashish Rego|
|Producer(s)||Akshay Kumar |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd |
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||4 August 2014 –|
3 March 2017
Jamai Raja (International title: Beloved Son-in-law) is an Indian television drama series, aired on Zee TV, that premiered on 4 August 2014, and ended on 3 March 2017 after a 3-year run. It was produced by actor Akshay Kumar and co-produced by Ashvini Yardi and Meenakshi Sagar.
|Season||No. of episodes||Originally broadcast (India)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||471||4 August 2014||2 May 2016|
|2||85||3 May 2016||10 August 2016|
|3||145||11 August 2016||3 March 2017|
The plot concerns the differences between a mother, Durga Devi Patel "DD" (Achint Kaur), and a daughter, Roshni Patel (Nia Sharma), and how Roshni's love interest, Siddharth "Sid" Khurana (Ravi Dubey), comes into their lives and changes things. DD does not accept Sid because she thinks he is a 'poor' man, but he is actually from a much more rich family, and is pretending to be poor to clear Roshni's misconception that rich people are heartless and spoilt. Roshni and Sid get married and the married couple live a middle class life in DD's house by Sid working for DD and paying rent. Roshni learns that Sid lied about his class and leaves him.
6 months later
Roshni is living in Bangkok. Her friend, Yash Mehra (Mohit Malhotra), is in love with her and DD approves. However, Roshni is unable to choose between Sid and Yash. In India, Sid makes Roshni realize that she still loves him but Roshni then learns that Sid is using her (which is false) and demands a divorce. Then Sid becomes angry. He takes Roshni to the Family Court. The judge decides to give them both 3 months period to save their marriage. As days pass, Sid and Roshni grow closer. Meanwhile, Sam is being forced to marry her boss, Baweja, who took the help of Rajveer (Vishal Karwal) to succeed. Roshni goes as a maid to Baweja's house and finds Sam unconscious in a cupboard. Baweja is caught and sent to jail, where he dies. Rajveer kidnaps Roshni. DD reaches and when Rajveer threatens to kill Roshni, DD kills him to save her daughter. Sid's sister, Kritika (Isha Sharma), files a case against DD and withdraws it, leading Sid and everyone else to think that she forgave DD, but when actually she will take her revenge without Sid's suspicion. Roshni and Sid reunite and after the end of 3 months, they decide to not get divorced. Sid's mother, Simran (Shruti Ulfat), blackmails Sid saying that if he divorces Roshni, she will return DD's property and business. Sid is now compelled to divorce Roshni to give her back her old life. He divorces her, and Roshni is shattered. Yash falls for Sam and proposes to her, which she accepts. Roshni's biological father (i.e DD's husband), Shiv Patel, comes back to the house and has lost his memory. He soon regains his memory but acts like he doesn't have his past memories to get DD's love and affection.
Sid and Roshni, along with Mona Bua and Shiv, team up to get DD to confess her true feelings to Shiv. She accepts that he is her husband when Sid informs a reporter about Shiv's identity. Meanwhile, Yash finds out about an accident that claimed the life of his sister and brother-in-Law. Simran and Kritika plots to separate Roshni and Sid. Kritika tracks down Sid's childhood friend, Misha, and convinces Simran to meet her and ask her to marry Sid. The next day, Sid's father Raj (Sanjay Swaraj), Roshni, Sid and Misha all go to lunch where Sid and Roshni tell their side of the story to Misha.
After Misha listens go their stories, she doubts sid's mother and sister. She acts like a good friend and exposes Sid mother and sister . Further, Sid again proposes roshini and she accepts it. DD and shiv Patel's problems are solved and they again get married . on the day of marriage roshini comes to know about her divorce truth . Misha love interest with Neil(fake) . Sid , roshini , Misha and Neil go for date . They are return to home some goons attack them . Sid fight with goons and get shot . They are kidnap Misha and molest her.
Roshni and Sid have been separated after the death of DD as Roshni thinks DD died because of Sid. She is going to marry Neil Sengupta (Indraneil Sengupta) which breaks Sid's heart. On the other hand, Neil's family members do not like Roshni and try to stop their marriage. Roshni and Sid now being in Neil's life. Payal is out against Neil's family and creates a lot of drama in their lives. She is also the reason for Roshni and Sid's death.
21 years later
Things have changed after the death of Roshni and Sid. Karanvir "Karan" Khurana (Ravi Dubey), Sid and Roshni's son, has grown up. Neil and Ria are dead to. Their child, Mahi Sengupta (Shiny Doshi), is taken care by Payal (Ria's sister). It is about Mahi and Karan about their love story.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section needs to be brought into conformity with WP:TVCAST. Section should be divided into Main and Recurring cast, and new additions to each list should be added to the bottom of each list. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ravi Dubey as Siddharth Khurana/Satya Sawant/Sid/Karanvir Khurana/Karan (Season 1-3) (2014-17)
- Nia Sharma as Roshni Patel/Roshini Khurana/ Ragini Desai (fake)(Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Shiny Doshi as Mahi Sengupta/Mahi Khurana (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Achint Kaur as Durga Devi(DD)/Durga Devi Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Mouli Ganguly as Payal Walia (Ria's elder Sister)/Payal Sengupta (Season 2-3)(2016–17)
- Sanjay Swaraj as Raj Khurana (Seasons 1-3) (2014–17)
- Shruti Ulfat as Simran Khurana (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Samaira Singh Ranawat/Samaira Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Apara Mehta as Alaknanda/Nani Maa (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Sushma Prashant as Sukhi/Beeji (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Poonam Mathur as Bua Daadi(Season 1) (2015)
- Preeti Kochar as Naani Masi(Season 1) (2015)
- Darpan Srivastava as Kesar Patel (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Deepti Sharma as Mona Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Delnaaz Irani/Tanaaz Irani as Resham Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Shagun Ajmani as Shabnam Patel/Kareena Patel (Season 1-3) (2015–17)
- Asawari Joshi as Gangu Sawant (Roshni's Caretaker & Karanvir's Adoptive Mother) (Season 2-3) (2016–17)
- Isha Sharma/Varsha Usgaonkar as Kritika Khurana (Siddharth's Sister & Karanvir's Aunt) (Seasons 1-3) (2014–17)
- Sumit Verma as Bunty Khanna (Seasons 1-3) (2015–16)
- Savant Singh Premi as Pintu Pandey (Seasons 1-3) (2015–16)
- Vishal Karwal as Rajveer Singh Ranawat (Season 1) (2014–15)
- Mohit Malhotra as Yash Mehra/Joker (Season 1) (2015–16)
- Gautam Sharma as Babloo Patel (Season 1) (2014)
- Amrin Chakkiwala as Pratima Patel (Season 1) (2014)
- Sumona Chakravarti as Misha Grewal (Season 1) (2015)
- KC Shankar as Shiv Patel (Season 1) (2015)
- Delissa Mehra as Ayesha Patel (Season 1) (2016)
- Kiran Srinivas as Amol Mehra/Sonu Raj (Season 1) (2016)
- Indraneil Sengupta as Neil Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Sonal Minocha (Season 2) (2016)/Anaya Soni (Season 3) (2017) as Ria Walia 
- Sunny Arora as Ranjit Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Seema Pandey as Naina Sengupta (Season 2) (2016-17)/Kulbir Baderson (2017) Dida, Neil Sengupta mother / Mahi's grandmother
- Sara Khan as Mahi Sawant/Aleena Verma (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Vikram Sakhalkar as Dhawal (Season 3) (2016 - 2017)
- Rajeshwari Datta as Mitul Sengupta (Season 2-3) (2016–17)
- Aalisha Panwar as Anya Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Neelu Kohli as Anupama Khanna (Kritika's mother-in-law) (Season 3) (2017)
- Karan Singhmar as Sunil Sawant (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Pranitaa Pandit as Kajal Sawant (2016–17)
- Orvana Ghai as Koel Sengupta (Season 3) (2017)
- Prashant Chawla as Dhruv Raizada/Satya Sawant (Season 3)(2017)
- Rudraksh Thakur as Shom Sengupta (Season 3) (2017)
- Jamai Raja is Dubbed in English in South Africa as King of Hearts and Is aired On Zee World(Zee Africa). Also dubbed in other languages in the sub-Saharan African Countries and aired on their national Zee World network taking over after East meets West (Saath Pare / Saath Saath).
- In Mauritius, as from August 2015, Jamai Raja is aired on mbc digital 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.30 p.m
- In Indonesia, the series is dubbed in Indonesian and aired from 24 July 2017, everyday at 10 a.m. WIB on ANTV.
- In South Korea, JTBC Zee TV and DramaCUBE aired this drama is upcoming in 2018 (with Korean subtitles)
- It aired on Zee One with the same title in Germany.
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2014||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Saas Jamai Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Saas Bahu Rishta||Nia Sharma & Shruti Ulfat|
|Favourite Saas||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Nayi Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Male||Ravi Dubey||Nominated|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face (Male)||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Parivaar||Ashvini Yardi|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Saas-Sasur||Shruti Ulfat & Sanjay Swaraj|
|Favourite Mata-Pita Rishta|
|Favourite Dosti||Ravi Dubey & Sandit Tiwari|
|Favourite Dharavahik - Fiction||Grazing Goat Pictures|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||GR8! ON-Screen Couple Of The Year||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|2015||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Zee Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Kutumbh||Ashvini Yardi|
|Favourite Bhai||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Sautan||Shagun Ajmani|
|Favourite Stylish Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Pati-Patni Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Buzurg||Apara Mehta|
|Television Style Awards||Most Stylish Beti||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Onscreen Couple||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Leading Role||Ravi Dubey|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Achint Kaur|
|Zee Gold Awards||Best Actor - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Best Actor - Male||Ravi Dubey|
|Most Popular Jodi on Television||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Best Supporting Actor - Male||Sanjay Swaraj|
|Best Supporting Actor - Female||Apara Mehta|
|Zee recognition for Best Performance in leading role- Female||Achint Kaur||Won|
In June 2017 the series was remade in Bengali as Jamai Raja, and was aired on Zee Bangla.
- "Akshay Kumar turns TV producer". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Ashwini Yardi: Bollywood stars are not meant for daily soaps". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Akshay turns TV serial producer with Jamai Raja. Bollywood Hungama. BH News Network. 14 July 2014
- "Bahus offer tips to the latest jamai on TV - Times of India". Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Akshay Kumar to produce daily soap 'Jamai Raja'". 12 July 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Nia Sharma injured". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia Sharma back to act opposite Ravi Dubey". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia gets a new look in 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Nia Sharma bids farewell to Jamai Raja; posts pic". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Jamai Raja Season 3: Shiny Doshi's Character Revealed; New Antagonist Enters The Scene!". 11 August 2017.
- "Ravi Dubey is Achint Kaur's bahu". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mujhe Mogambo type extreme negative roles pasand nahi hain: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indian TV actors are treated like Gods in Pakistan: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Achint Kaur bids adieu to Jamai Raja". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja' to no longer feature Achint Kaur". The Times of India. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Moulli Ganguly to enter 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Apara Mehta turns 'Sexy' for Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Jamai Raja: Apara Mehta turns 'modern' grandmother". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Apara Mehta's new telly outing". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Proud that I've sustained for many years: Delnaaz Irani". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Why Delnaaz Irani quit Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Delnaaz Irani: Why should I punish the audience with serious roles?". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja': Shagun Ajmani Quits, because Her Character Turned Positive". India West. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Strange! Actress quits after her character turns positive". The Times of India. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal: Movies are a better option than TV shows". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal is the new jamai on Ravi's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra: I am not ready to play the role of a father". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra to enter Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: Will surprise audience with 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: I don't want to play another sari-clad character". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Little Delissa calls Ravi Dubey 'dudu'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indraneil Sengupta enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Sonal Minocha enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 July 2016.