Jamai Raja (TV series)
|Also known as||King of Hearts|
|Created by||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd|
|Written by||Abhishek Kumar
|Directed by||Sangieta Rao
|Creative director(s)||Niraj Kumar Mishra|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||701|
|Executive producer(s)||Aashish Rego|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd |
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),
|Original release||4 August 2014– 3 March 2017|
Jamai Raja (International title: King of Hearts) is an Indian television drama series, aired on Zee TV, that premiered on 4 August 2014, and ended on 3 March 2017 after a 3-year run. It was produced by actor Akshay Kumar and co-produced by Ashvini Yardi and Meenakshi Sagar. In June 2017 It was dubbed in Bengali as Jamai Raja and aired on Zee Bangla. Now it is aired on Zee One with the same title in Germany.
|Season||No. of episodes||Originally broadcast (India)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||471||4 August 2014||2 May 2016|
|2||85||3 May 2016||10 August 2016|
|3||145||11 August 2016||3 March 2017|
Jamai Raja is the story of Siddharth, who despite being a jet-setting hotelier with a growing empire to tend to, takes it upon himself to repair the estranged relationship between his wife Roshni and mother-in law Durga Devi Patel (DD). While DD has seen the trials and tribulations of poverty and struggled her way up to riches, she has hardened over the years and developed a somewhat condescending view of the middle class. She has no tolerance for laziness and mediocrity. An enterprising jewellery magnate, she is constantly on the move, has a razor sharp mind and a tongue to match. Daughter Roshni, on the other hand, has a rebellious streak. With an independent mind of her own, she isn't about to treat DD's ideologies as the Gospel truth. Born in the lap of luxury, she hasn't let her riches spoil her. She feels strongly for the underprivileged and actively works for their welfare through an NGO she runs. How Siddharth succeeds in his endeavor of bringing them closer emotionally, is what is shown in the show. At then end of the season, it is shown Yash tortures Durga and Roshni and at that spot DD dies.
Roshni and Siddharth have been separated after the death of DD as Roshni thinks she died because of him. She is going to marry Neil which breaks Siddharth's heart. On the other hand, Neil's family members does not like Roshni and try to break her and Neil's relationship. Neil comes to know about Sid and Roshni's past relationship. Payal and Ria come in between and finally Ria gets married to Neil. Roshni gave birth to a baby boy called Karan but in a car accident Roshni and Sid dies. Tai vow to look after Karan (Satya) from now on.
21 years later, things have changed after the death of Roshni and Sid. Karanvir is Siddharth and Roshni's son who has grown up. Neil and Ria are dead to. Their child is Mahi who is taken care of by Payal(Ria's sister). It is about Mahi and Karan about their love story.
Jamai Raja is Dubbed in English in South Africa as King of Hearts and Is aired On Zee World(Zee Africa). Also dubbed in other languages in the sub-Saharan African Countries and aired on their national Zee World network taking over after East meets West (Saath Pare / Saath Saath).
In Mauritius, as from August 2015, Jamai Raja is aired on mbc digital 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.30 p.m
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section needs to be brought into conformity with WP:TVCAST. Section should be divided into Main and Recurring cast, and new additions to each list should be added to the bottom of each list. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ravi Dubey as Siddharth Khurana/Karanvir Siddharth Khurana (Seasons 1-3) (2014–17)
- Nia Sharma as Roshni Siddharth Khurana née Patel (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Shiny Doshi as Mahi Karanvir Khurana née Sengupta (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Achint Kaur as Durga Devi Patel (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Mouli Ganguly as Payal Walia (Ria's elder Sister)/Payal Sengupta (2016–17)
- Sanjay Swaraj as Raj Khurana (Seasons 1-3) (2014–17)
- Shruti Ulfat as Simran Raj Khurana (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Samaira Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Apara Mehta as Alaknanda / Nani Maa (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Darpan Srivastava as Kesar Patel (Seasons 1-2) (2014–16)
- Deepti Sharma as Mona Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Delnaaz Irani/Tanaaz Irani as Resham Kesar Patel (Season 1) (2014–16)
- Shagun Ajmani as Shabnam Patel/Kareena Patel (Season 1-3) (2015–17)
- Asawari Joshi as Gangu Sawant (Roshni's Caretaker & Karanvir's Adoptive Mother) (Season 2-3) (2016–17)
- Isha Sharma/Varsha Usgaonkar as Kritika Bunty Khanna née Raj Khurana (Siddharth's Sister & Karanvir's Aunt) (Seasons 1-3) (2014–17)
- Sumit Verma as Bunty Khanna (Seasons 1-3) (2015–16)
- Vishal Karwal as Rajveer Singh Ranawat (Season 1) (2014–15)
- Mohit Malhotra as Yash Mehra / Joker (Season 1) (2015–16)
- Gautam Sharma as Babloo Patel (Season 1) (2014)
- Amrin Chakkiwala as Pratima Babloo Patel (Season 1) (2014)
- Sumona Chakravarti as Misha Grewal (Season 1) (2015)
- KC Shankar as Shiv Patel (Season 1) (2015)
- Delissa Mehra as Ayesha Patel (Season 1) (2016)
- Kiran Srinivas as Amol Mehra Sonu Raj (Season 1) (2016)
- Indraneil Sengupta as Neil Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Sonal Minocha as Ria Neil Sengupta née Ria Walia (Season 2) (2016)
- Sunny Arora as Ranjit Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Seema Pandey as Naina Sengupta ... Dida, Neil Sengupta mother / Mahi's grandmother (Season 2) (2016)
- Sara Khan as Fake Mahi Satya Sawant/Aleena Verma (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Rajeshwari Datta as Mitul Sengupta (Season 2-3) (2016–17)
- Alisha Panwar as Anya Sengupta (Season 2) (2016)
- Neelu Kohli as Anupama Khanna (Kritika's mother-in-law) (Season 3) (2017)
- Kulbir Baderson as Naina Sengupta (Neil's Mother) (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Karan Singhmar as Sunil Sawant (Season 3) (2016–17)
- Pranitaa Pandit as Kajal Sawant (2016–17)
- Orvana Ghai as Koel Payal Sengupta (Season 3) (2017)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Samaira Singh Ranawat/ Samaira patel (2014–16)
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2014||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Saas Jamai Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Saas Bahu Rishta||Nia Sharma & Shruti Ulfat|
|Favourite Saas||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Nayi Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Male||Ravi Dubey||Nominated|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face (Male)||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Parivaar||Ashvini Yardi|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Saas-Sasur||Shruti Ulfat & Sanjay Swaraj|
|Favourite Mata-Pita Rishta|
|Favourite Dosti||Ravi Dubey & Sandit Tiwari|
|Favourite Dharavahik - Fiction||Grazing Goat Pictures|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||GR8! ON-Screen Couple Of The Year||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|2015||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Zee Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Kutumbh||Ashvini Yardi|
|Favourite Bhai||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Sautan||Shagun Ajmani|
|Favourite Stylish Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Pati-Patni Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Buzurg||Apara Mehta|
|Television Style Awards||Most Stylish Beti||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Onscreen Couple||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Leading Role||Ravi Dubey|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Achint Kaur|
|Zee Gold Awards||Best Actor - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Best Actor - Male||Ravi Dubey|
|Most Popular Jodi on Television||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Best Supporting Actor - Male||Sanjay Swaraj|
|Best Supporting Actor - Female||Apara Mehta|
|Zee recognition for Best Performance in leading role- Female||Achint Kaur||Won|
- "Akshay Kumar turns TV producer". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Ashwini Yardi: Bollywood stars are not meant for daily soaps". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Akshay turns TV serial producer with Jamai Raja. Bollywood Hungama. BH News Network. 14 July 2014
- "Bahus offer tips to the latest jamai on TV - Times of India". Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Akshay Kumar to produce daily soap `Jamai Raja`". 12 July 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Nia Sharma injured". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia Sharma back to act opposite Ravi Dubey". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia gets a new look in 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Nia Sharma bids farewell to Jamai Raja; posts pic". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Jamai Raja Season 3: Shiny Doshi's Character Revealed; New Antagonist Enters The Scene!". 11 August 2017.
- "Ravi Dubey is Achint Kaur's bahu". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mujhe Mogambo type extreme negative roles pasand nahi hain: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indian TV actors are treated like Gods in Pakistan: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Achint Kaur bids adieu to Jamai Raja". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja' to no longer feature Achint Kaur". The Times of India. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Moulli Ganguly to enter 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Apara Mehta turns 'Sexy' for Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Jamai Raja: Apara Mehta turns 'modern' grandmother". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Apara Mehta's new telly outing". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Proud that I've sustained for many years: Delnaaz Irani". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Why Delnaaz Irani quit Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Delnaaz Irani: Why should I punish the audience with serious roles?". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja': Shagun Ajmani Quits, because Her Character Turned Positive". India West. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Strange! Actress quits after her character turns positive". The Times of India. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal: Movies are a better option than TV shows". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal is the new jamai on Ravi's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra: I am not ready to play the role of a father". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra to enter Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: Will surprise audience with 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: I don't want to play another sari-clad character". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Little Delissa calls Ravi Dubey 'dudu'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indraneil Sengupta enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 Apr 2016.
- "Sonal Minocha enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 July 2016.