Jamai Raja (TV series)
|Also known as||King of Hearts|
|Created by||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd|
|Written by||Abhishek Kumar |
|Directed by||Sangieta Rao|
|Creative director||Nisha Boradikar/Niraj Kumar Mishra|
|Starring||Ravi Dubey |
|Music by||Aashish Rego|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||701|
|Producers||Akshay Kumar |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Grazing Goat Pictures Pvt. Ltd |
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||4 August 2014 –|
3 March 2017
Jamai Raja (International title: King of Hearts) is an Indian television drama series, aired on Zee TV, that premiered on 4 August 2014, and ended on 3 March 2017 after a successful three-year run. It was produced by actor Akshay Kumar and co-produced by Ashvini Yardi and Meenakshi Sagar. Jamai 2.0 is a romantic thriller web series which is the digital sequel of Jamai Raja which streams on ZEE5. It stars Ravi Dubey, Nia Sharma and Achint Kaur in lead roles. It premiered on 10 September 2019.
Durga Devi (DD) Patel (Achint Kaur) and her daughter have many misunderstandings and differences between them. DD is a rich jewellery designer. Her daughter Roshni Patel (Nia Sharma) believes that her mother does not love her and does not give her time and only loves money. Due to this reason she hates DD and never behaves well with her. The show starts off showing Roshni getting her kids at the NGO she manages ready for school and it is shown that it is her birthday. She goes to the airport with her Nani to pick up DD up who is coming back to India. Meanwhile, DD is shown as an arrogant person. In her flight she is seated next to Siddharth Khurrana (Ravi Dubey) who seeing how arrogant DD is decides to mess with her and act like a middle class person who has no manners or etiquette. When DD meets Roshni she gives her a hug and tells her that she should've dressed better. She gives Roshni a heap of birthday gifts but does not wish her "Happy Birthday" like every other year. Roshni meets Siddarth and he acts like a middle-class man after Roshni starts to hate Siddarth Khurrana without knowing who he is. Siddarth changes his identity in front of Roshni and says that he is a middle-class man names Siddarth Kukreja. He falls in love with her and after a few meetings she reciprocates. They get married but in the not in the attendance of DD as she does not approve of their love or their marriage. After marriage they start living together in DD's house and Siddarth becomes a 'Ghar Jamai'. After many episodes DD finally starts to accept Siddarth as her son-in-law. She trusts him and gives him the Power of Attorney papers for her property and business to guard and keep safely. His mother starts to hate DD as she believes that she is ruining Sid's life. DD decided to get Roshni and Siddarth married again in a grand manner. At the day of the wedding Sid's mother, who had been acting like a middle-class woman, revealed her identity and the fact that she has named all of DD's businesses and property to herself. DD and Roshni are shattered. Siddharth knows nothing about this and he is not present there. Roshni starts to hate Siddharth thinking he was also involved in what Simran (Siddharth's mother) had done. Roshni goes away from him and goes to Bangkok.
6 months later
Roshni lives in Bangkok with her friend, Yash Mehra who loves her. DD wants them together. Roshni returns to India and meets Sid who convinces her that he did not have any hand in what happened that he really loves her and that she does too. Roshni is sick and in order to make her feel better he tells her to drink some Brandy (Alcohol) she doesn't trust him and tells him to drink some too to prove that there is no poison in the Brandy. He takes a big gulp out of the bottle and makes her drink some too. They become drunk and share an intimate moment and get physically close. They get together. The next day, Roshni receives a mms where it is perceived that Siddarth is telling Kritika that he will fool Roshni and get her to sleep with him. This however, is not the case and what Siddarth was saying was part of a game and not about Roshni in any way or form. Roshni doubts Siddharth and accuses him of raping her. Then Sid becomes angry. He takes Roshni to the Family Court. The judge decides to give them both 3 months period to save their marriage. As days pass, Sid and Roshni grow closer. Meanwhile, Sam is being forced to marry her boss, Baweja, who took the help of Rajveer (Vishal Karwal) to succeed. Roshni goes as a maid to Baweja's house and finds Sam unconscious in a cupboard. Baweja is caught and sent to jail, where he dies. Rajveer kidnaps Roshni. DD reaches and when Rajveer threatens to kill Roshni, DD kills him to save her daughter. Sid's sister, Kritika (Isha Sharma), files a case against DD and withdraws it, leading Sid and everyone else to think that she forgave DD, but when actually she will take her revenge without Sid's suspicion. Roshni and Sid reunite and after the end of 3 months, they decide to not get divorced. Sid's mother, Simran (Shruti Ulfat), blackmails Sid saying that if he divorces Roshni, she will return DD's property and business. Sid is now compelled to divorce Roshni to give her back her old life. He divorces her, and Roshni is shattered. Yash falls for Sam and proposes to her, which she accepts. Roshni's biological father (i.e. DD's husband), Shiv Patel, comes back to the house and has lost his memory. He soon regains his memory but acts like he doesn't have his past memories to get DD's love and affection.
Sid and Roshni, along with Mona Bua and Shiv, team up to get DD to confess her true feelings to Shiv. She accepts that he is her husband when Sid informs a reporter about Shiv's identity. Meanwhile, Yash finds out about an accident that claimed the life of his sister and brother-in-Law. Simran and Kritika plots to separate Roshni and Sid. Kritika tracks down Sid's childhood friend, Misha, and convinces Simran to meet her and ask her to marry Sid. One day, Siddharth tells Roshni to make a banana milkshake for him and Misha. She goes and makes the milkshake but while she is away Kritika puts mango in Misha's milkshake. Misha is severyly allergic to mangoes and can die if she consumes them. She takes a sip of the milkshake and suffers from an allergic reaction. Siddharth believes that Roshni did this on purpose and yells at her. Siddharth then with the help of Misha finds out that it was Kritika who put the Mango in the milkshake and is shattered as he blamed Roshni. Misha tells him about the real reason of her coming to India (i.e. to marry Sid). He goes and convinces Roshni and apologises to her.
DD and Shiv Patel's problems are solved and they again get married . On the day of marriage Roshni comes to know about the truth behind her divorce. She proposes to Sid and he accepts. Misha's love interest with Neil(fake) . Sid, Roshni, Misha and Neil go for date . They return to home when some goons attack them . Sid fights with the goons and gets shot . They kidnap Misha and molest her. Misha fakes being mentally unstable in order to trick Sid into marrying her, in the process Roshni's dad is killed,Misha frames Kritika but Sid was able to prove her innocence and Kritika finally realized her mistake and apologize to Sid. Misha's obsession with Sid's love was exposed and the police took her away. Roshni tells DD that she is pregnant. DD hides it from everyone and accept Siddharth's proposal for Roshni.They get married with the truth unveiled. DD wants special care for Roshni so she makes her to live in her house. Sidharat and family also come with her as they do not want to miss the opportunity of caring for Roshni. Roshni and Sid meet up with a kid named Ayesha. They Ayesha bring home upon knowing that Ayesha is lost. She is greeted with happiness from all of the family members except for Dd, NM (nani mausi) and Dadi bua. Roshni suffers from a miscarriage when Sid and Ayesha are out. Dd blames Sid and Ayesha for this situation and calls him a murderer of his own child! Sid and Roshni are in grieve over the miscarriage. Sid decides to adopt Ayesha. Roshani firstly oppose it than agrees. DD is not happy over their decision. Later, Ayesha saves DD from the fire and she becomes kind with Ayesha and agrees over the adoption. DD meets Shabnam at her workplace and decides to bring her to her house, listening to her back story. DD organize a party to introduce Ayesha in front of everyone. Shabnam threatens to kill Roshni but fails. It is revealed that Shabnam and Ayesha are the daughters of Shiv Patel which does not end up being true. DD becomes enraged after hearing the news and plans to kill Shabnam. Sidharath saves Shabnam. He came to know about how Kritika married Bunty. He is enraged and kicks Bua Dadi out of the house. Sam gets divorce papers from Yash and everyone including Roshni blames Sid for that. Shabnam drugs Sid and bring him to her room. When Sid wakes up, he find himself in a bad situation. Shabnam accuses Sid of molestation. Everyone loses faith in Sidharath expect for Roshni. Shabnam kills Sid and DD gets blamed for his murder. Shattered Roshni tries to save her mother from jail but fails. She meets DD and they both cry over Sid's death. Sid's parents leave the place.
6 months later
Shabnam is controlling DD's house and Roshni is taking care of Nani and Ayesha. She meets a mechanic named Raghu who is a carbon copy of Sid. She finds him only the way to save her mother and to avenge Sidharat's murder from Shabnam. Raghu helps him like Sid. Roshni follows Raghu during his marriage with Shabnam and thinks that he is Sidharat suffering from amnesia. Sid's mother act for being sick and the truth for Sidharat being Raghu is revealed. Roshni supports Sid and they manage to defeat Shabnam. They meet a backward Rajhistani family who claims that Roshni married their son Kunal. They drug Roshni which causes her to lose her memory, telling her that they are her family. Confused Roshni accepts it and when Sid and DD reach their they find themselves in a worse situation. Kunal beats Sid and throw him out of the house. Sidharath comes and save Roshni from Shabnam and the family by being Jyoti tai. Shabnam comes again to destroy their lives but they threw her back again with no returning point. DD plans a trip for Sidharath and Roshni to GOA so that they could spend some quality time with each other which is destroyed by Alex. Sid enters Alex home and finds her dead. The main villain who killed Alex and playing the game was Yash. Sid acts for being in the coma and Yash reveals his is identity. Sid saves Ayesha and tells Roshni about the situation. Yash throws DD from the hill top and Sid fails to save her. DD loses her memory after the incident and remembers Sidharath as Kukreja. Sid tries to bring her memory back. Yash kidnaps DD. He ties Roshni from one rope and DD from the other. Sid tries everything to save her but fails. DD dies and Roshni blames Sid for that. She leaves him and everyone thinks that she died.
2 Years Later
Roshni and Sid have been separated after the death of DD as Roshni thinks DD died because of Sid. She is going to marry Neil Sengupta (Indraneil Sengupta) which breaks Sid's heart. On the other hand, Neil's family members do not like Roshni and try to stop their marriage. Roshni and Sid now being in Neil's life. Payal is out against Neil's family and creates a lot of drama in their lives. Later Roshni and Sid died in a car accident and everyone predicts that their son Karanvir Khurana also died but the truth was that Satya, son of Roshni's caretaker died but her (Roshni's) caretaker makes Karan as Satya. Ria gave Birth to Mahi She dies after Mahi’s Birth.
21 years later
Things have changed after the death of Roshni and Sid. Karanveer "Karan" Khurana (Ravi Dubey), Sid and Roshni's son, has grown up. Neil and Ria are dead too. Their child, Mahi Sengupta (Shiny Doshi), is taken care by Payal (Ria's sister). It is about Mahi and Karan. Their relationship is like Roshni and Sid. Shabnam's daughter also comes back to take revenge for her mother Shabnam.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section needs to be brought into conformity with WP:TVCAST. Section should be divided into Main and Recurring cast, and new additions to each list should be added to the bottom of each list. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ravi Dubey as Siddharth Khurana/Satya Sawant/Sid/Karanvir Khurana/Karan (2014–17)
- Nia Sharma as Roshni Patel/Roshini Khurana/ Ragini Desai (fake) (2014–16)
- Shiny Doshi as Mahi Sengupta/Mahi karanvir Khurana (2016–17)
- Achint Kaur as Durga Devi(DD)/Durga Devi Patel (2014–16)
- Mouli Ganguly as Payal Walia (Ria's elder Sister)/Payal Sengupta (2016–17)
- Sanjay Swaraj as Raj Khurana (2014–17)
- Shruti Ulfat as Simran Khurana (2014–16)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Samaira Singh Ranawat/Samaira Patel (2014–16)
- Apara Mehta as Alaknanda/Nani Maa (2014–16)
- Sushma Prashant as Sukhi/Beeji (2014–16)
- Poonam Mathur as Bua Daadi (2015)
- Preeti Kochar as Naani Masi (2015)
- Darpan Srivastava as Kesar Patel (2014–16)
- Aaryaa Sharma as Mona Patel (2014–16)
- Delnaaz Irani/Tanaaz Irani as Resham Patel (2014–16)
- Shagun Ajmani as Shabnam Patel/Kareena Patel (2015–17)
- Asawari Joshi as Gangu Sawant (Roshni's Caretaker & Karanvir's Adoptive Mother) (2016–17)
- Isha Sharma/Varsha Usgaonkar as Kritika Khurana (Siddharth's Sister & Karanvir's Aunt) (2014–17)
- Sumit Verma as Bunty Khanna (2015–16)
- Savant Singh Premi as Pintu Pandey (2015–16)
- Sandit Tiwari as Prashant Kulkarni(2014)
- Vishal Karwal as Rajveer Singh Ranawat (2014–15)
- Mohit Malhotra as Yash Mehra/Joker (2015–16)
- Adhvik Mahajan as Kunal (2015–16)
- Gopi Desai as Bansiben (2015–16)
- Hitesh Rawal as Premal (2015–16)
- Gautam Sharma as Babloo Patel (2014)
- Amrin Chakkiwala as Pratima Patel (2014)
- Sumona Chakravarti as Misha Grewal (2015)
- KC Shankar as Shiv Patel (2015)
- Delissa Mehra as Ayesha Patel (2016)
- Kiran Srinivas as Amol Mehra/Sonu Raj (2016)
- Indraneil Sengupta as Neil Sengupta (2016)
- Sonal Minocha (2016)/Anaya Soni (2017) as Ria Walia 
- Sunny Arora as Ranjit Sengupta (2016)
- Seema Pandey as Naina Sengupta (2016–17)/Kulbir Baderson (2017) Dida, Neil Sengupta mother / Mahi's grandmother
- Sara Khan as Mahi Sawant/Aleena Verma (2016–17)
- Vikram Sakhalkar as Dhawal (2016 - 2017)
- Rajeshwari Datta as Mitul Sengupta (2016–17)
- Aalisha Panwar as Anya Sengupta (2016)
- Neelu Kohli as Anupama Khanna (Kritika's mother-in-law) (2017)
- Karan Singhmar as Sunil Sawant (2016–17)
- Pranitaa Pandit as Kajal Sawant (2016–17)
- Kushabh Manghani as Deepu (2016)
- Orvana Ghai as Koel Sengupta (2017) Payal’s Daughter & Mahi’s Sister
- Prashant Chawla as Dhruv Raizada/Satya Sawant (2017)
- Rudraksh Thakur as Shom Sengupta (2017) Payal’s Son & Mahi’s Brother
- Asha Negi as herself
- Drashti Dhami as Gayatri
- Sriti Jha as Pragya
- Jasmin Bhasin as Twinkle
- Sidhant Gupta as Kunj
- Zain Imam as Yuvraj
- Jamai Raja is Dubbed in English in South Africa as King of Hearts and Is aired On Zee World(Zee Africa). Also dubbed in other languages in the sub-Saharan African Countries and aired on their national Zee World network taking over after East meets West (Saath Pare / Saath Saath).
- In Mauritius, as from August 2015, Jamai Raja is aired on mbc digital 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.30 p.m
- In Indonesia, the series is dubbed in Indonesian and aired from 24 July 2017, everyday at 10 a.m. WIB on ANTV.
- In South Korea, JTBC Zee TV and DramaCUBE aired this drama is upcoming in 2018 (with Korean subtitles)
- It aired on Zee One with the same title in Germany.
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2014||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Saas Jamai Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Saas Bahu Rishta||Nia Sharma & Shruti Ulfat|
|Favourite Saas||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Nayi Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Male||Ravi Dubey||Nominated|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face (Male)||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Jodi||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Popular Face - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Parivaar||Ashvini Yardi/Meenakshi Sagar|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Saas-Sasur||Shruti Ulfat & Sanjay Swaraj|
|Favourite Mata-Pita Rishta|
|Favourite Dosti||Ravi Dubey & Sandit Tiwari|
|Favourite Dharavahik - Fiction||Grazing Goat Pictures|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||GR8! ON-Screen Couple Of The Year||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|2015||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Zee Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur||Won|
|Favourite Kutumbh||Ashvini Yardi/Meenakshi Sagar|
|Favourite Bhai||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Sautan||Shagun Ajmani|
|Favourite Stylish Personality of the Year||Achint Kaur|
|Favourite Beti||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Favourite Beta||Ravi Dubey|
|Favourite Pati-Patni Rishta||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Buzurg||Apara Mehta|
|Television Style Awards||Most Stylish Beti||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Onscreen Couple||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Leading Role||Ravi Dubey|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Achint Kaur|
|Zee Gold Awards||Best Actor - Female||Nia Sharma|
|Best Actor - Male||Ravi Dubey|
|Most Popular Jodi on Television||Ravi Dubey & Nia Sharma|
|Best Supporting Actor - Male||Sanjay Swaraj|
|Best Supporting Actor - Female||Apara Mehta|
|Zee recognition for Best Performance in leading role- Female||Achint Kaur||Won|
Remake & Spin-off
In June 2017 the series was remade in Bengali as Jamai Raja, and was aired on Zee Bangla, and a Spin-off titled Jamai 2.0 debuted on ZEE5 with cast members Ravi Dubey, Nia Sharma, and Achint Kaur reprising their roles. Ravi Dubey, Nia Sharma and Achint Kaur are shooting for Jamai 2.0 Season 2.
- "Akshay Kumar turns TV producer". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Ashwini Yardi: Bollywood stars are not meant for daily soaps". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Akshay turns TV serial producer with Jamai Raja. Bollywood Hungama. BH News Network. 14 July 2014
- "Bahus offer tips to the latest jamai on TV - Times of India". Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Akshay Kumar to produce daily soap 'Jamai Raja'". 12 July 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "PICS: Ravi Dubey and Nia Sharma Start Shooting For 'Jamai Raja 2.0'".
- "Nia Sharma injured". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia Sharma back to act opposite Ravi Dubey". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Nia gets a new look in 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Nia Sharma bids farewell to Jamai Raja; posts pic". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Jamai Raja Season 3: Shiny Doshi's Character Revealed; New Antagonist Enters The Scene!". 11 August 2017.
- "Ravi Dubey is Achint Kaur's bahu". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mujhe Mogambo type extreme negative roles pasand nahi hain: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indian TV actors are treated like Gods in Pakistan: Achint Kaur". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Achint Kaur bids adieu to Jamai Raja". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja' to no longer feature Achint Kaur". The Times of India. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Moulli Ganguly to enter 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Apara Mehta turns 'Sexy' for Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Jamai Raja: Apara Mehta turns 'modern' grandmother". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Apara Mehta's new telly outing". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Proud that I've sustained for many years: Delnaaz Irani". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Why Delnaaz Irani quit Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Delnaaz Irani: Why should I punish the audience with serious roles?". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "'Jamai Raja': Shagun Ajmani Quits, because Her Character Turned Positive". India West. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Strange! Actress quits after her character turns positive". The Times of India. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal: Movies are a better option than TV shows". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Vishal Karwal is the new jamai on Ravi's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra: I am not ready to play the role of a father". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Mohit Malhotra to enter Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: Will surprise audience with 'Jamai Raja'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sumona Chakravarti: I don't want to play another sari-clad character". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Little Delissa calls Ravi Dubey 'dudu'". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Indraneil Sengupta enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Sonal Minocha enters Jamai Raja". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 July 2016.