|c. 4.8 million|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Jamaica 2.95 million (2015)|
|United States||1,091,482 (2013)|
|Trinidad and Tobago||1,497|
Jamaicans are the citizens of Jamaica and their descendants in the Jamaican diaspora. Most Jamaicans are of African descent, with smaller minorities of Europeans, East Indians, Chinese, Mixed-Race, and others. The bulk of the Jamaican diaspora resides in Canada, United States and the United Kingdom and, to a lesser extent, in other Anglophone countries.
According to the official Jamaica Population Census of 1970, ethnic origins categories in Jamaica include Negro or Black, East Indian, Chinese, Syrian or Lebanese, White, Mixed, and Other races. Negro or Black workers made up 89.4% of the working population. Those of mixed race were the second most prominent labour category, making up 6% of the working population.
Many Jamaicans now live overseas and outside Jamaica, while many have migrated to Anglophone countries, including over 150,000 Jamaicans in the United Kingdom, over 250,000 Canada, over a million in the United States.
Within the Caribbean, there are an estimated 30,000 Jamaicans living in the Dominican Republic. An equal number reside in other CARICOM members states, including the Bahamas (5,600), Cuba (5,000), Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago. As of November 21, 2013, an estimated 16,958 Jamaicans could be residing illegally in Trinidad & Tobago, as according to the records of the Office of the Chief Immigration Officer, their entry certificates would have since expired.
- Demographics of Jamaica
- Jamaican British
- Jamaican American
- Jamaican Canadian
- Jamaican Australian
- Jamaicans in Ethiopia
- Results American Fact Finder (US Census Bureau)
- NHS Profile, Canada, 2011, Statistics Canada. Retrieved December 2nd, 2013
- Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories - 20% sample data, Statistics Canada (2006). Retrieved on August 11, 2008.
- Ethnic Origins for Canada - 2001 Census. Retrieved December 6th, 2013
- Top 25 Ethnic Origins for Canada - 1996 Census. Retrieved December 6th, 2013
- Jamaica Population Census 1970.
- Jamaicans of the Dominican Republic
- 30,000 Jamaicans residing in other CARICOM member states
- Jamaicans of the Bahamas
- Jamaicans of Cuba
- Close to 17,000 Jamaicans residing illegally in Trinidad