Jamal Lewis (footballer)
Jamal Lewis playing against Chelsea in 2018
|Full name||Jamal Piaras Lewis|
|Date of birth||25 January 1998|
|Place of birth||Luton, England|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2016||Northern Ireland U19||3||(0)|
|2017–||Northern Ireland U21||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:26, 22 April 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:13, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
As a youngster he was a national champion athlete competing at an elite level over 1500m and 800m before choosing football. During the 2016–17 season, Lewis played for the Norwich U23 team. At the end of the 2016–17 season, Lewis signed a new contract until 2021. In December 2017, Lewis made his senior debut for Norwich City against Brentford, coming on as a substitute for Marco Stiepermann. On Boxing Day, Lewis made his first start for Norwich against Birmingham City. Lewis scored his first senior goal in the 93rd minute of an FA Cup third round replay against Chelsea. Lewis was named the EFL Young Player of the Month for September 2018. On 10 October 2018, Lewis was rewarded with a new long-term contract which runs until June 2023.
In March 2019 he was selected to the 2018–19 Championship Team of the Season.
Born in England, Lewis is eligible to the Northern Ireland national football team through his Belfast-born mother. In June 2017, he was called up to the Northern Ireland U21 team. He made his debut against Estonia.
In March 2018, Lewis was called up to the Northern Ireland senior squad for the first time. He made his professional debut for Northern Ireland in a 2–1 friendly win over South Korea on 24 March 2018.
- As of match played 22 April 2019
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- As of match played 24 March 2019
- Hanna, Gareth (21 March 2018). "Who is Jamal Lewis? Watch the Northern Ireland international net his first senior goal against Chelsea". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Jamal Lewis". 11v11.com. AFS Enterprises. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Law, James (19 October 2018). "Jamal Lewis: Norwich City left-back wins EFL Young Player of the Month award". BBC Sport. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Jamal Lewis signs new deal with the Canaries". Norwich City F.C. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Freezer, David (23 December 2017). "Lewis aims to 'make an impact' for Canaries following his first-team debut". Eastern Daily Press. Norwich. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- Bailey, Michael (27 December 2017). "'We just complement each other' – Positive impact of one City star rubs off on another". Eastern Daily Press. Norwich. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- Begley, Emlyn (17 January 2018). "Chelsea 1–1 Norwich City (5–3 pens)". BBC Sport. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Jamal Lewis signs new contract at Norwich City". www.canaries.co.uk. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "EFL awards: Che Adams, Teemu Pukki & Billy Sharp on Championship shortlist". BBC Sport. 26 March 2019. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- Freezer, David (8 June 2017). "Winning debut with Northern Ireland Under-21s for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis". The Pink'un. Norwich. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Jamal Lewis and Conor Hazard handed first call-ups for Northern Ireland". BBC Sport. 12 March 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "Northern Ireland vs. Korea Republic". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Games played by Jamal Lewis in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Games played by Jamal Lewis in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Games played by Jamal Lewis in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Lewis, Jamal". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
|This biographical article relating to Northern Irish association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|