Jamalpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bardhaman Purba (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||187,502 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 262 Jamalpur (SC) assembly constituency covers Jamalpur community development block and Mugura gram panchayat of Raina I community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Jamalpur |
|Trinamool Congress||Ujjal Pramanik||84,434||48.73||+15.38#|
|People’s Democratic Conference of India||Rabindranath Bag||1,721|
|Trinamool Congress gain from MFB||Swing||+31.72#|
Samar Hazra contested on CPI(M) symbol
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
In 2006, 2001, 1996 and 1991, Samar Hazra, Independent/ CPI(M) won the Jamalpur (SC) assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals, Shankar Chandra Mallick of Trinamool Congress, Ajay Pramanik of Trinamool Congress, Baidyanath Das of Congress and Ajay Pramnik of Congress, in the respective years. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 1987, 1982 and 1977, Sunil Santra, Independent/ MFB, defeated Puranjoy Pramanik of Congress/ ICS.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Jamalpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Jamalpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Jamalpur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "274 – Jamalpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.