Jamboree Heights, Queensland
|Population||3,057 (2011 census)|
|• Density||2,350/km2 (6,090/sq mi)|
|Area||1.3 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane
|State electorate(s)||Mount Ommaney|
Jamboree Heights was part of the 'Centenary Project', and along with surrounding suburbs was developed in 1959. As part of the Centenary suburbs, it offers excellent facilities such as a recently renovated large shopping centre, Fire Station, Police Station and numerous schools.
It gained its name from the fact that the area hosted an Australian Scout Jamboree in 1967/68.
In the 2011 census, Jamboree Heights recorded a population of 3,057 people, 49.4% female and 50.6% male.
The median age of the Jamboree Heights population was 36 years of age, 1 year below the Australian median.
95.3% of people living in Jamboree Heights were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 4.7%, England 3.7%, Vietnam 3%, South Africa 2%, China 1.9%.
92% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 4% Vietnamese, 2.8% Cantonese, 2.1% Mandarin, 1% Arabic, 0.8% Gujarati.
There are multiple bus services going to and from Mount Ommaney Shopping Centre Bus Exchange to the City and other locations including:
- 454 (Riverhills, Mt Ommaney Bus Exchange, Indooroopilly, Toowong, City)
- 460 (Heathwood, Forest Lake, Mt Ommaney, Indooroopilly, City)
- 453 (Mt Ommaney, Jindalee, Indooroopilly, City)
- 106 (Mount Ommaney, Sinnamon Park, Oxley, Corinda, Sherwood, Graceville, Chelmer, Indooroopilly)
There is also an S703 run which is open to the public, but mainly school students heading to Kenmore State High School. View it's route here.
Defence Force Cadets
There is an Australian Naval Cadet Training Ship (TS Vengeance) located on Moolanda Street, close to the Centenary State High School.
Find out more information on the Australian Naval Cadet Website
A Police Beat is located at 31 Lanena St and can be phoned on (07) 3376 8092
A Fire Station is located at 238 Arrabri Ave and can be phoned on (07) 3279 0536
An Ambulance Station is located on Westcombe St and can be contacted on (07) 3895 3911
- National Regional Profile : Jamboree Heights (Statistical Local Area)
- "Jamboree Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- ourbrisbane.com website, Jamboree Heights section
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Jamboree Heights
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|