|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jambusar has an average elevation of 4 metres (13 feet).
The Jambusar Municipality has population of 43,344 of which 22,474 are males while 20,870 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 5155 which is 11.89% of total population of Jambusar (M). In Jambusar Municipality, Female Sex Ratio is of 929 against state average of 919. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Jambusar is around 936 compared to Gujarat state average of 890. Literacy rate of Jambusar city is 82.36% higher than state average of 78.03%. In Jambusar, Male literacy is around 88.90% while female literacy rate is 75.31%.
Origin of name
According to Legend, many centuries ago, a Brahmin tribe lived at this spot. The name Jambusar is derived from their surname JAMBU + SAR (which means Lake or Pool in Sanskrit). There is a lake named "NAGESHWAR TALAV" in the city centre.
Places To Visit
- Shri Mahaprabhuji Bethak Mandir - Bhankhetar 2 km
- Shri Bethak Mandir - Dabha 2 km
- Shri Mahadevaji Tirth - Kamboi 20 km
- Sasu Vahu Na Jain Derasar - Kavi 20 km
- Gandhi Ashram
- Sarod Village - Located 65 km towards north from district headquarter Bharuch.
- Jamiah educational complex Jambusar
- most famous visit is on of the slowest train in india is on jambusar which traveld to jambusar to vadodara(pratapnagar)
60km in 4hours -people called rampyari or alah rakhi because its run from years people belive it run by god
|This article about a location in Bharuch district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|