James (2005 film)
|Directed by||Rohit Jugraj|
|Produced by||Ram Gopal Varma|
R. R. Venkat
|Written by||Rohit Jugraj|
|Edited by||Nipun Gupta|
|Distributed by||R. R. Movie Makers|
James, who comes to Mumbai seeking a successful life, and ends up working as a bouncer at a club there, and fighting gangsters. He then encounters the brother of an MP who is always causing crime. James has a little fight in club which cause causes a huge conflict between the two, this also gets his brother and MP Shanthi Narayana involved. This conflict then causes death of James's friend, whom he lives with, Babloo, and because of this James is set on revenge.
- Mohit Ahlawat as James
- Priyanka Kothari as Nisha V. Rawat
- Mohan Agashe as DCP Vijay Singh Rawat
- Zakir Hussain as Shanti Narayan
- Shereveer Vakil as Radhey Narayan
- Snehal Dabi as Babloo
- Rajpal Yadav as Tony
- Riya Sen as item number
- Jan Hain Tujhpe Jan Hain - Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam
- Jindagee Jine Kaa Nam Hain Jee Le - Shweta Pandit
- Sinduree Aasman Hain Sharmaya Sa - Shweta Pandit, Sonu Nigam
- Suraj Kee Kirno Kee Lalee Me Tum Ho - Shweta Pandit, Sonu Nigam
- Woh Hero Hain, Hero Hain Woh Hain Hero - Sunidhi Chauhan
The Birmingham Evening Mail wrote, "The fight scenes and the songs are entertaining", but overall the film is "instantly forgettable". James was a major disappointment for its producers.
- "New action hero", The Hindu, 2005-09-15.
- Kumar, Anju. "Dreams need an introduction too", The Hindu, 2005-11-18.
- "Just a burst", The Statesman, 2005-09-24.
- Ahmed, Omar. "Films: We've seen this all before – only better", Birmingham Evening Mail, 2005-09-23, page 39.
- "The baddies are funny", The Statesman, 2006-09-23.
- Salam, Ziya Us. "Girl, guy, love, marriage and a lot in between...", The Hindu, 2006-09-17.
- Salam, Ziya Us. "It's raining stars and more stars in Bollywood", The Hindu, 2008-02-08.
- "Who are Rohit's angels?", The Times of India, 2008-03-04.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|