James C. McDearmon
|James Calvin McDearmon|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Tennessee's 9th district
March 4, 1893 – March 3, 1897
|Preceded by||Rice A. Pierce|
|Succeeded by||Rice A. Pierce|
June 13, 1844|
New Canton, Virginia
July 19, 1902 (aged 58)|
|Spouse(s)||Theodora McCulloch McDearmon|
|Children||James C. McDearmon|
|Alma mater||Andrew College|
|Allegiance||Confederate States of America|
|Service/branch||Confederate States Army|
|Unit||Cheatham's division, Army of Tennessee|
|Battles/wars||American Civil War|
McDearmon was born on June 13, 1844, in New Canton, Virginia in Buckingham County. He moved with his parents to Gibson County, Tennessee in 1846. He attended Andrew College in Trenton, Tennessee from 1858 to 1861.
Career and marriage
McDearmon entered the Confederate Army in April 1862 and served throughout the war in Cheatham's division, Army of Tennessee. He was wounded twice during the war at Murfreesboro and at Franklin and surrendered with Johnston's Army at Greensboro, North Carolina.
After the war, McDearmon studied law, was admitted to the bar in 1867, and commenced practice in Trenton, Tennessee. He was elected as a Democrat to the Fifty-third and Fifty-fourth Congresses. He served from March 4, 1893 to March 3, 1897. He was an unsuccessful candidate for renomination in 1896. He resumed the practice of his profession in Trenton. He was married, Dec. 4, 1867, to Theodora, daughter of M. T. McCulloch of Hayward county, Tenn.
- "James C. McDearmon". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- James C. McDearmon. biographical congressional directory, 1774 to 1903. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "James C. McDearmon". Govtrack US Congress. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "James C. McDearmon". The Political Graveyard. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to James C. McDearmon.|
- United States Congress. "James C. McDearmon (id: M000402)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Find A Grave
|U.S. House of Representatives|
Rice A. Pierce
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Tennessee's 9th congressional district
Rice A. Pierce