James D. Wallace
James Donald Wallace is Emeritus Professor of Moral Philosophy at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and the author of several books on the subject of morality and ethics that draw on the American philosophical tradition of Pragmatism, in particular the ethical theory of John Dewey. His works include Norms and Practices (2008), Ethical Norms, Particular Cases (1996), Moral Relevance and Moral Conflict (1988), and Virtues and Vices (1978), as well as numerous articles. His teaching has covered a variety of subjects including: "value theory, practical reasoning, social and political philosophy, bioethics, ancient Greek philosophy, and philosophy of art."
- Faculty Home Page: http://www.philosophy.illinois.edu/people/jwallace
- According to Jennifer Welchman, of University of Alberta. See: http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/cup_detail.taf?ti_id=5275
- Wallace, James D. (2009-01-01). Norms and Practices. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801447198.
- Wallace, James D. (1996-01-01). Ethical Norms, Particular Cases. Cornell University Press. ISBN 0801432138.
- Wallace, James D. (1988-01-01). Moral Relevance and Moral Conflict. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801420962.
- Wallace, James D. (1978-01-01). Virtues and vices. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801411427.
- List of His Published Papers on PhilPapers.org: http://philpapers.org/s/James%20D.%20Wallace
- Patrick Arden. "David Foster Wallace warms up". patrickarden.com.
- See his online CV: http://www.phil.uiuc.edu/faculty/list/Wallace/cv.htm
- Faculty Home Page at University of Illinois
- List of published Papers on PhilPapers.org
- Norms and Practices on Google Books
- Review of Norms and Practices by Daniel Groll of Carleton College:
- Ethical Norms, Particular Cases on Google Books
- Moral Relevance and Moral Conflict on Google Books
- Virtues and Vices on Google Books
- Audio clips of James D. Wallace, et al., responding to the work of Mike W. Martin at a 2001 conference