James Dempsey (poker player)
|Nickname(s)||Flushy, Dr. Demps|
(The Norse Horse/MKKMOO)
|Residence||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|World Series of Poker|
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
James Dempsey, known online as Flushy, is an English professional poker player from Brighton, England, who won a World Series of Poker bracelet at the 2010 World Series of Poker in the $1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em event and a World Poker Tour title at the 2011 Doyle Brunson World Poker Classic.
World Series of Poker
At the 2010 World Series of Poker (WSOP), after winning his first bracelet in the 1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em event and earning $197,470, he made a smaller cash of $10,497 coming 69th in the $5,000 No Limit Hold'em event but then at the $10,000 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship, he finished runner-up to Sammy Farha, while earning his biggest cash to date of $301,789. At the 2013 World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE), he had two cashes.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2010||$1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em||$197,470|
World Poker Tour
In December 2011, Dempsey won the Doyle Brunson World Poker Classic, beating a field of 413 players and a final table that included Antonio Esfandiari (6th place), Vanessa Selbst (3rd place), and Soi Nguyen (2nd place.) Dempsey earned $821,612 for his win.
- Butt, Robert. "James Dempsey - results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Schult, Steve (6 June 2010). "World Series of Poker -- James Dempsey Wins Event No. 9". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "James Dempsey Wins A WPT Title!".
- "James Dempsey - Stats - Ranking Hero". RankingHero.
- "2011 Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic, No Limit Hold'em - Championship Event: Hendon Mob Poker Database". pokerdb.thehendonmob.com.
- Butt, Robert. "James Dempsey - stats". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Welman, Jessica (6 June 2010). "WSOP Winner Profile: James "Flushy" Dempsey". bluffmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
|This poker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|