James Frawley (footballer)
|Full name||James Frawley|
|Date of birth||20 September 1988|
|Original team(s)||North Ballarat Rebels|
|Height/Weight||193 cm /95 kg|
|Position(s)||Defender / Forward|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2015 season.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 2011.
Recruited from the North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup, Frawley was taken by the Melbourne Demons with their first round pick (12th overall) in the 2006 AFL Draft. He is the nephew of former St Kilda captain, Danny Frawley.
He debuted for the Demons in Round 9, 2007 and has played all of his games in defence. He played nine senior games in first year of AFL football.
Not known for his kicking efficiency, Frawley has a tough and uncompromising defensive style of play.
The 2010 season was a breakout year for Frawley who, at still only 21 years of age, became one of the premier defenders in the league. His season was capped off by being named in the back pocket for the 2010 All-Australian squad and finishing second to Brad Green in Melbourne's Best and Fairest.
Coming off his breakthrough season in 2010, Frawley's 2011 season started with a setback as he was sidelined for up to three months after tearing his pectoral muscle in January.
In 2014, under the new coaching structure of Paul Roos, Frawley began to play more of a forward role. His defensive efforts inside Melbourne's forward 50 was a contributing factor towards their on-field improvement.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2014 season 
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
Honours and achievements
- Crawford, Shane. "Shane Crawford: Western Bulldogs must strengthen their spine by chasing James Frawley". Herald Sun. News Corporation. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "'Chip' Frawley can cut it, declares fellow Hawthorn defender". AFL. Australian Football League. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "James Frawley". demonwiki.org. Demonwiki. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "All Australian at a glance". AFL BigPond Network. 13 September 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- Clark, Jay (3 September 2010). "Brad Green wins Keith "Bluey" Truscott gong". Herald Sun. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- Ralph, Jon (22 January 2011). "Melbourne defender James Frawley to miss up to three months with chest injury". Herald Sun. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- Mastermind season review: Hawthorn, The Roar, 9 October 2014
- Windley, Matt (3 October 2015). "AFL Grand Final 2015: James Frawley soaks up first premiership". Herald Sun. News.com.au. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- James Frawley's profile on the official website of the Hawthorn Football Club
- James Frawley's statistics from AFL Tables
- DemonWiki player profile