James Hillhouse Fuertes
He was the son of astronomer and civil engineer Estevan Fuertes and Mary Stone Perry Fuertes, and the brother of naturalist and writer Louis Agassiz Fuertes. Fuertes graduated from Cornell University in 1883. He constructed works for the sewerage, drainage and water supply of various cities in the United States, Canada and Brazil, and served as consulting engineer of various corporations and municipalities. He was a non-resident lecturer at Cornell.
- Water and Public Health (1897)
- Water Filtration Works (1901)
- “European Sanitary Engineering Series” in the Engineering Record
He also wrote numerous monographs on engineering and sanitary subjects, etc.
He married Mary Hill Cable on 10 January 1895. She died in May 1921 in Brooklyn.
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Rines, George Edwin, ed. (1920). Encyclopedia Americana. .
- "Hillhouse Family Genealogy: Register Report of Abraham Hillhouse". Retrieved March 8, 2011.