||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
|Born||November 7, 1948 (age 66)
Los Angeles, California
James "Jim" Houghton (born November 7, 1948) is an American actor and writer.
Houghton was an original castmember of the CBS daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless, in which he played Greg Foster. His most prominent role is that of Kenny Ward on the long-running prime time soap opera Knots Landing, which he played from 1979-83. In more recent years, Houghton has become a soap opera scriptwriter, working on The Young and the Restless and also The Bold and the Beautiful.
Although not as prolific as his television work, Houghton has also appeared in films. These include roles in Sweet Sugar (1972), One on One (1977), I Wanna Hold Your Hand (1978), More American Graffiti (1979), the cult horror film Superstition (1982) and Purple People Eater (1988).
Houghton is the son of Twilight Zone producer Buck Houghton, and his sister, Mona Houghton, is also a television writer. James and Mona collaborated on three of the scripts for Knots Landing in 1982.
Houghton is seen on the cover of the Warren Zevon album, "The Envoy".
Selected Television Credits
- Script Writer (2006–2007)
- Actor: as Kenny Ward (1979–1983)
- Writer (1982, 3 episodes)
- Actor: as Cash Cassidy (1986–1987)
- Script Writer (2006)
- Breakdown Writer (1991–2006)
- Actor: as Greg Foster (Original Cast Member: 1973 - 1976 and 2003)
Code R (CBS)
- Actor: as Rick Wilson (1977)
Awards and nominations
- WINS (1992, 1997, 2000, 2006; Best Writing Team; The Young And The Restless)
- NOMINATIONS (1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 & 2005; Best Writing; Y&R)
- WGA WINS (2002 & 2005 Season; The Young and The Restless)
- WGA NOMINATIONS (1999 & 2001 Season; Young and The Restless)
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|