James I. O'Neill High School
|James I. O'Neill High School|
|21 Morgan Rd.
Town of Highlands, New York 10928
|School district||Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District|
|School number||NCES: 361443001196
|Principal||Debbie M. Brand|
|Enrollment||635 (as of 2005-06)|
|Average class size||21|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.1:1|
|Hours in school day||11 periods|
|School color(s)||Maroon, White, Gold|
|Fight song||Indian Fight song|
|Athletics||2011 Section 9 Class "C" Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, XCountry, and Cheerleading Champions|
|Mascot||Raiders Indian Raiders|
|Rival||John S. Burke Catholic High School|
|Communities served||Highland Falls, Fort Montgomery, Garrison, West Point|
James O'Neill High School opened in 1971, replacing the existing Highland Falls High School on Mountain Avenue in Highland Falls.
Not a surprise considering the proximity to the United States Military Academy, James I. O'Neill High school has produced many future Army Officers and Soldiers.
- Fred Wilson - venture capitalist and blogger
- Mike Doughty - musician
- Johnson Wagner - professional golfer
- Paul Rieckhoff - writer, social entrepreneur and veteran of the United States Army
- Charles Durning - American actor
- Jacob Hard - 170 points of improvement on NWEA test
- "Accountability and Overview Report 2005–06: JAMES I. O'NEILL HIGH SCHOOL" (PDF). New York State Education Department. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-21.
- "School Detail for James I. O'Neill High School". National Center for Education Statistics.
|This New York (state) school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|