James Innes-Ker, 6th Duke of Roxburghe
Innes-Ker was the only surviving child of the 5th Duke of Roxburghe and was educated at Eton and Christ Church, Oxford. He inherited his father's titles in 1823 and on 29 December 1836, he married Susanna Stephania Dalbiac, the only child of Sir Charles Dalbiac. They had four children:
- Lady Susan Harriet Innes-Ker (13 Nov 1837-16 Oct 1909)
- James Henry Robert Innes-Ker, 7th Duke of Roxburghe ( 5 Sep 1839–23 Oct 1892)
- Lady Charlotte Isabella Innes-Ker ( 8 Aug 1841-24 Apr 1881)
- Lord Charles John Innes-Ker (31 Dec 1842-????)
Susanna the Dowager Duchess was one of Queen Victoria's staff until the former died in 1895.
- King, Greg (2007). Twilight of Splendor: The Court of Queen Victoria During Her Diamond Jubilee Year. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-04439-1.
- Lodge, Edmund (1846). The Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire as at Present Existing (15th ed.). Saunders and Otley.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Roxburghe
| Lord Lieutenant of Berwickshire
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Duke of Roxburghe
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Earl Innes
|This biography of a duke or duchess in the peerage of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|