James Innes-Ker, 7th Duke of Roxburghe
James Henry Robert Innes-Ker, 7th Duke of Roxburghe (5 September 1839 – 23 October 1892), became Duke of Roxburghe on the death of his father, James Henry Robert Innes-Ker, 6th Duke of Roxburghe.
He was born on 5 September 1839 to James Henry Robert Innes-Ker, 6th Duke of Roxburghe and Susanna Dalbiac, Duchess of Roxburghe, only child of Sir Charles Dalbiac. His mother was one of Queen Victoria's staff until she died in 1895.His elder sister was Lady Susan Harriet Innes-Ker (1837-1909). His younger siblings were Lady Charlotte Isabella Innes-Ker (1841-1881) and Lord Charles John Innes-Ker (b. 1842).
- Lady Margaret Frances Susan Innes-Ker (1875–1930), who married on 25 July 1898 to James Alexander Orr Ewing (22 February 1857 – 28 May 1900, South Africa)
- Henry John Innes-Ker, 8th Duke of Roxburghe (1876–1932), from whose only son all current Innes-Ker males are descended.
- Lady Victoria Alexandrina Innes-Ker (1877–1970), who married on 17 August 1901 in London to Charles Hyde Villiers (September 1862 – 23 May 1947, London), and had issue.
- Lady Isabel Innes-Ker, later Lady Isabel Wilson (1879–1905), who married on 23 June 1904 to Hon. Guy Greville Wilson (19 May 1877 – 1 February 1943)
- Lord Alastair Robert Innes-Ker (1880–19??), who married London 10 October 1907 Anne Breese (18?? – 30 October 1959, London), an American heiress, and had issue 2 sons and 1 daughter.
- Lady Evelyn Anne Innes-Ker, later Lady Evelyn Collins (1882–1958), who married on 23 November 1907 in London to William Fellowes Collins (17 September 1865 – 15 February 1948), a grandson of Lord de Ramsey, and had issue.
- Lord Robert Edward Innes-Ker (22 July 1885 – 19 July 1958), who married first on 27 October 1920 (divorced 1935) at the Registry Office in London to Charlotte Josephine Cooney, otherwise the musical comedy actress Jose Collins (23 May 1887 – 6 December 1958), as her first husband. The couple divorced in 1935, having had no issue. He married secondly in London on 28 July 1939 to Eleanor Marie Woodhead (1887–1958); there was no issue by either marriage.
- Greg King (4 June 2007). Twilight of Splendor: The Court of Queen Victoria During Her Diamond Jubilee Year. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 79–. ISBN 978-0-470-04439-1.
- "Lord R. Innes-Ker weds Jose Collins; Brother of Duke of Roxburghe Married to Musical Comedy Actress in London. Ceremony was a Secret. Bride, Daughter of Late Lottie Collins, Won First Success Herein "The Merry Countess." New York Times, 4 November 1920, p. 16], (citation only)( full article)
- Paul Theroff. An Online Gotha: Roxburghe. Retrieved 18 March 2009
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by James Innes-Ker, 7th Duke of Roxburghe
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir William Scott
|Member of Parliament for Roxburghshire
Sir George Scott-Douglas
The Duke of Buccleuch
|Lord Lieutenant of Roxburghshire
The Lord Reay
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Duke of Roxburghe
Henry John Innes-Ker
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|