James Kent (chef)
James Kent is a chef and the winner of the Bocuse d'Or USA 2010. He and his commis Tom Allan went on to represent the U.S. at the international finals of Bocuse d'Or in Lyon, France in January 2011, where they placed tenth.
In winning the Bocuse d'Or USA contest arranged at the Hyde Park campus of the Culinary Institute of America on February 6, 2010, Kent prepared for the fish dish Scottish "Label Rouge" salmon pavé with leeks, Osetra caviar and Sauce Fumet Blanc, garnished with roulade with Alaskan king crab, relish of cucumber and Meyer lemon, chilled mousse with tartare and roe, pickled heirloom beets with crème fraiche, dill and black pepper. For the meat dish Kent served spring lamb with bacon wrapped saddle with piquillo peppers and provençale herbes, vol-au-vent of braised gigot with sweetbreads and preserved lemon, zucchini with Lynnhaven chèvre frais and mint, tart of tomato confit with basil, niçoise olives and fromage blanc.
- Fox, Nick, The New York Times: Diner's Journal (February 6, 2010). Eleven Madison Park Chef Will Compete at Bocuse d’Or
- Gallagher, Aileen, New York Magazine: Grub Street (February 7, 2010). New Yorker Will Represent U.S. at Bocuse d'Or
- Lee-Adrian, Jenny, Poughkeepsie Journal (February 7, 2010). NYC sous chef wins Bocuse d'Or USA
- Thorn, Bret, Nation's Restaurant News (February 7, 2010). James Kent to lead U.S. Bocuse d'Or team
- Weiss, Jan, Dine Magazine (February 6, 2010). James Kent Wins Bocuse d’Or USA Archived 2010-02-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Leventhal, Ben NBCNewYork.com (February 8, 2010). Eleven Madison Park Chef Tapped to Represent USA at Bocuse d'Or
- Lawinski, Jennifer, Slashfood.com (February 8, 2010). James Kent to Head Team U.S.A. at Bocuse d'Or
- The Huffington Post (January 26, 2011). Scandinavian Sweep At Bocuse d'Or, Team USA Uses White House Honey
- toqueland.com Bocuse d'Or USA Winner Announced! -Press Release from the Bocuse d'Or USA