James Jianzhang Liang
|Alma mater||Fudan University|
Georgia Institute of Technology
|Known for||Former CEO, and co-founder, Ctrip|
|Title||Executive chairman, Ctrip|
|Successor||Jane Jie Sun|
|Board member of||Home Inn, Tuniu, eHi, SINA Corporation|
James Jianzhang Liang (born December 1969) is a Chinese businessman, and the chairman, former CEO, and co-founder of Ctrip, a Chinese provider of travel services including accommodation reservation, transportation ticketing, packaged tours, and corporate travel management.
From 1991 to 1999, Liang worked for Oracle Corporation in the US and China, in technical and managerial roles with from 1991 to 1999 in the United States and China, rising to head of Oracle China's ERP consulting division.
Liang co-founded Ctrip in 1999, with Neil Shen, Min Fan, and Ji Qi. He was the CEO from 2000 to January 2006, and from March 2013 to November 2016, and chairman since August 2003. In November 2016, Jane Jie Sun succeeded him as CEO, with Liang remaining as executive chairman.
- Too many people in China?
- "Executive Profile: Jianzhang Liang Ph.D." Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "James Liang". Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Ctrip CEO James Liang leaves post abruptly - Push-out Score - Page 6126". exechange.com. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Ctrip - Investor Relations - Biography". ir.ctrip.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- "Ctrip Appoints Jane Jie Sun As CEO, James Liang Remains Executive Chairman – China Money Network". www.chinamoneynetwork.com. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "James Liang Jianzhang, The 400 Richest Chinese - Forbes.com". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Sina Corp (SINA) Names James Jianzhang Liang to Board". Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "James Liang". Retrieved 4 July 2018.