||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1977 Likoudis's translation of Renée Casin's St. Thomas Aquinas: Orthodoxy, and Neo-Modernism in the Church from French to English was published. Likoudis also has authored several books dealing with sex education, the Orthodox Church and its teachings, liturgical issues and controversies following the Second Vatican Council, and articles and commentary about prominent Roman Catholics.
Likoudis co-authored The Pope, the Council and the Mass (Christopher Publishing House), a defense of Pope Paul VI's Ordo Missae and the liturgical reforms envisaged by Vatican II. L'Osservatore Romano noted in 1981, "This book has been sorely needed for well over a decade." It was republished in 2006.
A convert to Catholicism in 1952 from Greek Orthodoxy, religion whom he was baptized, Likoudis has since devoted a great deal of his apologetical and polemical efforts to foster the reunion of the Orthodox Churches with the See of Rome and the Papacy. Likoudis' book Ending the Byzantine Greek Schism (2nd revised edition, 1992) aims to answer the historical criticisms and theological objections raised by apologists for Orthodox Christianity.
Likoudis' latest work is The Divine Primacy of the Bishop of Rome and Modern Eastern Orthodoxy: Letters to a Greek Orthodox on the Unity of the Church, which purports to refute the objections of Orthodox and Protestant critics to the modern Roman Papacy. In Likoudis' essay, To be Truly Orthodox is to be in Communion with Peter's See (1988), he gives an account of his personal journey from Greek Orthodoxy to Latin Rite Roman Catholicism.
Likoudis has lectured extensively throughout the English-speaking world on issues affecting education, family life, and the role of the laity in the Roman Catholic Church. Likoudis has also written for The Wanderer (see below).
James Likoudis is the 2002 recipient of the Blessed Frederick Ozanam Award for Catholic Social Action, which was presented at the October 18, 2002 annual meeting of the Society for Catholic Social Scientists.
- A Grievous Distortion of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (Serviam newsletter, May/June 1993, April 1994)
- A Modern Dissenter's Theology of Sexuality: Moral Theologian Richard C. Sparks, CSP (Social Justice Review, May/June 2001)
- Abortion And Limbo (The Wanderer)
- Countering the Eclipse of Sin in Marriage Preparation (The Wanderer, May 25, 2006)
- Eastern Orthodoxy: Primacy and Reunion (The American Ecclesiastical Review, February 1966)
- Fr. William J. Bausch: His Chickens Come Home to Roost (The Wanderer, August 25, 2005)
- Honored or Ignored?: Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality: Guidelines for Education Within The Family (Sex Education: The Basic Issues and Related Essays, January 31, 2001)
- Is 'Together for Life' Faithful to Magisterial Teaching on Contraception? (1990)
- The Marks Of The Church And Eastern Orthodoxy (Homiletic & Pastoral Review, March 2003)
- Msgr. Joseph M. Champlin as Liturgist (The Wanderer, December 28, 2006)
- On Monika the Modernist (Serviam newsletter, February - March 1994)
- The Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue: Light and Shadows (The Wanderer, February 3, 2005)
- The 'Church of the East' Sheds Light on the Roman Primacy (The Wanderer, September 21, 2006)
- The Modernized Jesus of the RENEW "Process" (The Christian Order, May 1986)
- The Pentecostalism Controversy (September 11, 1973)
- The Theology of Sexuality of a Modern Dissenter: Rev. Richard C. Sparks, CSP (May 1996)
- Trivialising Christ Our Lord (The Christian Order, May 1988)
- What They Are Saying about Mary to Destroy the Faith of Catholics (Serviam newsletter, CREDO, Buffalo, New York)
- What to Think of "Small Faith Communities" (CUF News, May/June/July 1996)
- Yet More on Monika the Modernist (The Wanderer, June 23, 1994)
- "BlueHost coupon offers 43% bluehost discount pricing".
- Saint Thomas Aquinas: orthodoxy, and neo-modernism in the Church; by Renée Casin; translated and edited by James Likoudis. New Rochelle, 1977