Séamus Mac Dhòmhnaill, 6th of Dunnyveg
(Redirected from James MacDonald, 6th of Dunnyveg)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Séamus Mac Dhòmhnaill/James MacDonald|
|Title||6th Clan Chief|
|Predecessor||Alexander MacDonald, 5th of Dunnyveg|
|Successor||Archibald MacDonald, 7th of Dunnyveg|
During the Battle of Glentasie on 2 May 1565, he and Sorley Boy were captured by Shane O'Neill and imprisoned. James succumbed to his wounds shortly after being captured, while being imprisoned at Castle Crocke, near Strathbane.
- Archibald MacDonald, 7th of Dunnyveg, died without issue in 1569.
- Angus MacDonald, 8th of Dunnyveg, died circa 1613.
- Ranald MacDonald of Smerby, married a daughter of Bannatyne of Kames, died 1616.
- Coll MacDonald, died at Eilean Mor Cormac.
- Donald Gorm MacDonald of Carey, killed during the Battle of Ardnaree, Ireland in 1586.
- Alexander Carragh MacDonald of Glenarm, also killed during the Battle of Ardnaree, Ireland in 1586.
- Fiona MacDonald (Fionnghuala MacDonald), married Sir Hugh O'Donnell Irish name: Sir Aodh mac Magnusa Ó Domhnaill, Lord of Tyrconnell. died circa 1608.