James Madison High School (California)
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (March 2016)|
|Madison High School|
|4833 Doliva Drive
San Diego, California
|School district||San Diego Unified School District|
Navy Blue, Grey and White
|Rival||Point Loma High School|
James Madison High School is a public high school in San Diego, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District. Madison's 50-acre (200,000 m2) campus opened in 1962. Serving 1,500 students in grades 9-12, it is located in the Clairemont Mesa neighborhood, north of Interstate 8 and west of Interstate 805.
The Warhawks were Central League Champions for football in 2005, 2007, and 2008. They went to the C.I.F. Finals in 2008 against defending champion Valley Center, led by head coach Rick Jackson. In 2010, Madison High School won their first C.I.F. title against Valley Center. Also has won the Western League Championship 2006-2015
Two years later, the football program won their second C.I.F. San Diego championship in 2012. The team was invited to and won the 2012 California Division 3 State Championship Bowl game. Finally winning the division 2 California State championship in December 2016
The baseball facility is named after longtime coach Bob Roeder.
- Ian Clarkin (Class of 2013), professional baseball player (New York Yankees)
- Al Fitzmorris, Major League Baseball pitcher for the Kansas City Royals in the 1970s.
- Todd Gloria (Class of 1996), president of the San Diego City Council and former interim Mayor of San Diego.
- Mark Hamill, actor (Star Wars). Attended freshman year only.
- Mike Martz (Class of 1969), former NFL head coach (St. Louis), former offensive coordinator (Chicago Bears), now TV sports analyst.
- Chris Riley (Class of 1991), professional golfer, PGA Tour
- Robbie Rouse (Class of 2009), collegiate football player, all-time leading rusher for California State University Fresno.
- Lori Saldaña (Class of 1976), Democratic politician, former member of California State Assembly
- Scott Simpson (Class of 1973), professional golfer, winner of the 1987 U.S. Open
- Rich Tylski, National Football League offensive lineman.
- David Westerfield, convicted murderer of Danielle van Dam (high profile murder in San Diego, 2002).
- Madison High School website
- "Clock's ticking for prospect Ian Clarkin". The San Diego Union-Tribune. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Al Fitzmorris Baseball Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Rowe, Peter (August 24, 2013). "Todd Gloria, in the mayor's office -- at least temporarily". The San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Vacchiano, Ralph (3 February 2002). "Making his Martz with offense". New York Daily News. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Chris Riley player profile". PGATour.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Rouse runs for 245 yards, leads Madison past Mission Bay". The San Diego Union-Tribune. December 6, 2008.
- Garrick, David (25 January 2016). "Saldana challenging Mayor Faulconer for re-election". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Hewitt, Brian (15 January 1988). "He plays it straight: Scott Simpson keeps game and life in line". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Road back to the playoffs all uphill for Panthers". The San Diego Union-Tribune. 20 October 2004. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Roth, Alex (4 September 2002). "Ex-neighbors recall loyal friend". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|