|Chairman of the
Delta State People's Democratic Party
|Succeeded by||Pius Sinebe|
|Member of the Senate of Nigeria|
|Born||July 1960 (age 56)|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Education Institution Date of Graduation Certificate Epiekiri Primary School Ogbeinama 1974 FSLC School of Basic Studies, Port Harcourt 1983 WASCE Ahmadu Bello University 1986 B.Sc, Nigerian Law School, Lagos 1987 LLB University of Lagos 1989 M.Sc Law James Manager has a B.Sc in Law from Ahmadu Bello University and an M.Sc in Law from the University of Lagos.
Senator Delta South Sen. District 2011 2015 Senator Delta South Sen. District 2007 2011 Senator Delta South Sen. District 2003 2007 Commissioner for Works, Housing and Transport 1999 2003 State Chairman PDP Delta State 1998 1999 Chairman of GDM 1996 1998 Hon Commissioner for Social Development 1992 1993 Chairman of Council Bomadi LGA 1991 1991 Legal Practitioner Broderic Bozime & Co 1988 1990 Legal Practitioner NYSC Derin Ogundeji & co. 1987 1988 Tutor, River Ramos Grammar School Oriagbene James Manager was elected to the Senate on the People's Democratic Party ticket for the Delta South Senatorial District in 2003. He was appointed to the Works committee, Niger Delta committee and Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters committee.
In May 2009, he raised the issue of the damage caused by the continued military bombardment of communities in the oil-rich Gbaramatu clan, Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State, leading to a senate resolution urging their Committee on Defence and Army to take action. He was joined in his protest against the violence by former Senator Fred Brume, who called it "an unequal battle that is drastically de-populating several parts of the region. In September 2009, Senator Manager urged President Umaru Yar'Adua to appoint someone familiar with the region as Minister of the newly created Ministry of Niger Delta.
Manager supported finding a diplomatic solution to the Joint Task Force attacks on Ijaw villages, saying war was not the right approach.
Manager successfully ran for re-election as Delta South Senator on the PDP platform in the April 2011 elections.
- "Sen. James Manager". National Assembly of Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Senate Raises Panel Over Military Action". Daily Independent (Lagos). 21 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "War in the Creeks of Nigeria - Stop This Carnage, Say Niger Delta Leaders". Somali Press. May 18, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Any Nigerian can be N-Delta minister - Senator". The Nigerian Observer. September 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "War in the Creeks of Nigeria - Stop This Carnage, Say Niger Delta Leaders". Somali Press. 18 May 2009. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Delta North Senators-Elect Okowa, Manager's Victory Well Deserved - PDP". AllNewsNigeria. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
Elected senator of 8th national assembly for a record 4th time,no other senator from the south has ever achieved.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|