James N. Farmer
James N. Farmer (born 1976, Birmingham, UK) is founder and CEO of Incsub, which includes the WordPress related companies of WPMU DEV, WPMU.org, and Edublogs.org, the largest global weblog community for educators. James is currently based in Australia, where he has been the Online Community Editor of The Age, and Lecturer in Education Design at Deakin University. James' blog, "Incorporated Subversion," has been a resource for educators involved with social media and online publishing since 2003.
Edublogs.org hosts over 2,200,000 separate weblogs, used by educators and students around the world.
He has recently been quoted in The Herald Sun newspaper and on news.com.au regarding allegations of inappropriate advertising on Edublogs.org
- Speaker at BlogTalk DownUnder, "Centred Communication: Weblogs and aggregation in the organisation"
- Keynote speaker at ICTEV 2007
- Keynote speaker at efest 2008
- Communication dynamics: Discussion boards, weblogs and the development of communities of inquiry in online learning environments
- Blogs @ Anywhere: High fidelity online communication
- Centred communication - Weblogs and aggregation in the organisation
- Lane, Bernard (26 April 2006). "Hobby blog now a learning aid". The Australian. Archived from the original on 2006-05-01. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- incorporated subversion
- O'Hear, Steve (9 January 2007). "The best of the blogs". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Blogtalk Downunder » About
- Problogger - WordCamp Melbourne Speakers and Sponsors Locked In
- Parents shocked by sexy maths links on education website
- Blogtalk Downunder » James Farmer: Centred Communication: Weblogs and aggregation in the organisation
- ICTEV notes
- efest conference schedule
- ASCILITE 2004: Farmer - discussion boards, weblogs and communities of inquiry in online learning environments