James Owen (footballer)
|Full name||James Vaughan Owen|
|Date of birth||14 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Caernarfon, Wales|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:03, 21 April 2013 (UTC).
James Vaughan Owen (born 14 January 1991) is a Welsh footballer who most recently played for Barrow. He began his career with Chester City, but left in January 2010 when the club experienced financial difficulties.
- As of 6 January 2013
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Chester City||2008–09||League Two||7||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||0|
Born in Caernarfon, Owen is a product of Chester's youth policy and has been capped by Wales at under 17 level. He made his debut in The Football League for Chester away at Port Vale as a late sub when Chester were down to nine men, with his first starting appearance coming at Accrington Stanley in April 2009. He ended the season with seven league appearances to his name, as Chester suffered relegation from Football League Two.
In January 2010, he cancelled his contract with the club by mutual consent. After leaving the club, Owen joined Conference rivals Wrexham on trial, scoring in a 3–2 friendly win over Welsh Premier League side Airbus UK Broughton on 20 January. He failed to gain a contract but later signed for Barrow in the same division. Owen spent three seasons with Barrow, but left when the club was relegated to Conference North at the end of the 2012-13 season.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- All Chester City players' statistics for the 2009/10 season were expunged after Chester were expelled from the Conference National for breaking league regulations
- "James Owen Stats". Soccerbase.
- "Men – Under 17 – James Owen". The Football Association of Wales. Archived from the original on September 8, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Chester City: James Owen follows Anthony Barry out of Deva Stadium exit door". Chester Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Wrexham edge out the Wingmakers". welsh-premier.com. 2010-01-20. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Barrow sign ex-Chester midfielder". BBC News. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-05-05.