Perch playing for Newcastle United in 2012
|Full name||James Robert Perch|
|Date of birth||28 September 1985|
|Place of birth||Mansfield, England|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defender / Defensive midfielder|
|Queens Park Rangers|
|2015–||Queens Park Rangers||44||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 March 2016.
James Robert Perch (born 28 September 1985) is an English professional footballer who plays for English club Queens Park Rangers. Perch is versatile and has covered many positions in both defence and across midfield. However, he is usually deployed at right back.
Perch was born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire and began his career at Nottingham Forest. He made 22 league appearances in his début season as Forest were relegated from the rebranded Football League Championship. His first professional goal came in the same season, scoring in the 63rd minute against Doncaster Rovers in the Third Round of the Football League Cup. After his first season, he signed a new contract to extend his stay a further 2 1/2 years. He made over 200 appearances for Forest before moving to newly promoted Newcastle United.
On 5 July 2010, Perch signed for Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £1 million, on a four-year deal. Forest had rejected a transfer bid from Newcastle in January of the same year. He made his debut for Newcastle against Manchester United on 16 August 2010 in a 3–0 defeat. On 18 September 2010, he set a new Premier League record by being the first player ever to receive five yellow cards in his first five games in the league. His only goal for Newcastle came in a 4–3 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League.
On 3 July 2013, Perch completed a move to recently relegated FA Cup holders Wigan Athletic, signing a four-year contract with the club. The transfer fee was undisclosed, but was estimated to be around £750,000. Perch made his league debut for Wigan on 3 August 2013, in a 4–0 away victory over Barnsley. He scored his first goal for the club on 9 March 2014, in a 2–1 win against Premier League Manchester City, helping holders Wigan to the semi-finals of the FA Cup for the second year in a row.
Queens Park Rangers
On 31 July 2015, Perch signed for Championship side Queens Park Rangers on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee. Perch made his competitive QPR debut in the first game of the 2015-16 Championship Season which resulted in a 2-0 defeat against Charlton Athletic, he played the whole game.
In October 2012, he was approached by the Jamaica Football Federation, who wanted Perch to play for Jamaica during their 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign. Perch is also eligible for Barbados through his father, who was born on the island.
- As of match played 20 March 2016 
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Newcastle United||2010–11||Premier League||13||0||1||0||1||0||—||15||0|
|Queens Park Rangers||2015–16||Championship||30||0||1||0||1||0||—||32||0|
- 3 appearances in Football League Trophy, 2 appearances and 1 goal in League One play-offs
- 1 appearance in Football League Trophy
- 2 appearances in Championship play-offs
- 9 appearances in UEFA Europa League
- 1 appearance in FA Community Shield, 4 appearances in UEFA Europa League, 2 appearances in Championship Play-offs
- "Premier League Player Profile". Premier League. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Perch signs new Forest contract". BBC Sport. BBC. 1 March 2005. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "Newcastle land Forest star Perch". ESPNsoccernet. ESPN. 5 July 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Nottingham Forest reject Newcastle's offer for Perch". BBC. BBC. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Chowdhury, Saj (16 August 2010). "Man Utd 3–0 Newcastle". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- McNulty, Phil (18 September 2010). "Everton 0–1 Newcastle". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Man Utd 4–3 Newcastle". BBC. BBC. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "Wigan complete Perch swoop". ESPN. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "Barnsley 0–4 Wigan" BBC Sport. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Manchester City 1–2 Wigan" BBC Sport. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "James Perch: QPR sign Wigan Athletic defender". BBC. BBC. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- "Charlton 2-0 QPR". BBC Sport. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Reggae, steady, go for Prem stars". The Sun. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "James Perch exclusive interview". The Journal. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "James Perch". Soccerbase. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to James Perch.|