James Redmond (actor)
|Born||James William Forbes Redmond
24 November 1971
London, England, UK
|Home town||London, England|
Redmond first rose to fame when he began modelling in Milan in April 1994, after being spotted by fashion scout Calvin French. After working for the likes of Calvin Klein, Paul Smith, Harvey Nicholls and Haagen Dazs for four years, Redmond decided to pursue a career on the small screen. Following a string of commercials, he signed up for acting lessons, but before he could begin the course, was offered a part in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks. Redmond played Rory Finnigan on the show between 1997 and 2002, before quitting the series to partner Cat Deeley presenting SMTV Live and CD:UK, replacing popular duo Ant & Dec. Redmond's stint at SMTV Live lasted just three months however, after show bosses decided he had not settled into the role leaving Redmond reportedly "gutted".
Meanwhile, Redmond resumed his acting career with a leading role in the first series of Sky One's steamy drama, Mile High. He is perhaps most noted for his role as Abs Denham in the BAFTA-winning medical drama Casualty, which he joined in 2003. Redmond remained on the show for five years until he quit in 2008, the character's final episode airing 18 October. In 2010, he appeared on Come Dine with Me with soap stars Adele Silva, Lorraine Chase and Brian Capron. Since then,Redmond has made a move into stand-up comedy, committing to an 18-month apprenticeship on the open-mic circuit, performing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in February 2011.
Redmond joined the cast of ITV soap Emmerdale at the end of February 2014. Redmond joined ITV soap Coronation Street in January 2015 for a three-week stint as Hamish, a character who will come between Steve and Michelle. Eight years following his departure from the show, Redmond will make a guest appearance in Casualty in a feature-length special to celebrate the show's thirteith anniversary. Redmond made a guest appearance in The Coroner on BBC1 on 2nd December 2016 in The episode "The Crash" 
Notable television appearances
- Hollyoaks (1997–2002, 2015)
- Hollyoaks: Movin' On (2001)
- SM:TV Live (2002)
- CD:UK (2002)
- Mile High (2003)
- Casualty (2003–08, 2016)
- Soccer AM (2003-08)
- Celebrity Come Dine With Me (2010)
- Total Wipeout Celebrity Special (2011)
- Hollyoaks Later (2013)
- Emmerdale (2014)
- Coronation Street (2015)
- The Coroner (2016) Episode 2.10 "Crash" as Dean Lowe
- Kuttner, Julia (8 December 2001). "Jim's career goes pop; Hollyoaks hunk James Redmond is leaving the teen soap for Saturday morning TV". Daily Record. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "SM:tv drops presenter Redmond". BBC. 14 March 2002. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "'Gutted' James Redmond sacked from SM:tv". BBC. 14 March 2002. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Abs checks out of Casualty". What's On TV. 22 July 2008. Archived from the original on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (31 October 2014). "Coronation Street casts ex-Hollyoaks star James Redmond in guest role". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Corrie exclusive: New love interest for Michelle Connor". Soapsquawk. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Lindsay, Duncan (16 August 2016). "Casualty anniversary episode spoilers: Stunts, death, returns, trailers and surprises – everything you need to know". Metro. Retrieved 16 August 2016.