James Reid (entertainer)
|Born||Robert James Reid[fn 1]
May 11, 1993
|Education||Makati Science High School
Karabar High School Distance Education Centre
|Agent||Star Magic (2010–2012)
Viva Artists Agency (2012–present)
|Known for||PBB: Teen Clash 2010
Diary ng Panget
Talk Back and You're Dead
On the Wings of Love
Till I Met You
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Partner(s)||Nadine Lustre (2016-present)|
|Labels||Star Music (2010–2012)
Viva Records (2012–present)
|Associated acts||Nadine Lustre, Bret Jackson, Shehyee, Ryan Bang, Thyro Alfaro, Yumi Lacsamana|
Robert James Reid[fn 1] (born May 11, 1993) is a Filipino-Australian singer, actor, dancer, karateka, and songwriter with dual Filipino and Australian citizenship. He rose to fame after being named as the Big Winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010. He is known for his roles as Spencer Ziff in Good Vibes, Cross Sandford in Diary ng Panget: The Movie, Timothy Odelle Pendleton in Talk Back and You're Dead, Nikko John Borja in Para sa Hopeless Romantic, Clark Medina in On the Wings of Love, Coby Martinez in This Time and the other half of the love team "JaDine."
His solo debut album James Reid was released digitally on iTunes and on other formats in September 4, 2013. Reid's second album Reid Alert was released digitally on iTunes and launched on February 14, 2015 by Viva Records. The album debuted at #2 in Philippine iTunes pop music album charts behind Taylor Swift's 1989, and is now a Certified Platinum Album by (PARI)
- 1 Early life
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Career
- 4 Influences
- 5 Discography
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 Notes
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Reid was born in Sydney, Australia, on May 11, 1993 to an Australian father, Robert Malcolm Reid, and a Filipino mother, Maria Aprilyn Marquinez. He lived in Mosman, on the North Shore of Sydney. Reid has four brothers and three sisters. His mother Maria, is a former singer. His parents separated when he was only two years old, and Reid lived in Australia until he was 15. With only his father, Reid moved to the Philippines due to financial issues and his father needing some medical attention. Reid has stated before that he experienced difficulty adjusting to his new life in the Philippines, especially with the different academics and social skills, as well as language. Back in Australia, he was a gymnast and swimmer. He was then enrolled in Makati Science High School, but his father enrolled him in Karabar High School Distance Education Centre, an Australian distance-learning center located at Karabar, New South Wales, Australia.
He is currently in a relationship with Nadine Lustre. They officially got together on February 11, 2016. He confirmed their relationship at their sold-out "JaDine In Love" concert on February 20, 2016.
2010: Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash
Reid was only 17 years old when he entered the Pinoy Big Brother house as one of the 10 Teenternational housemates on April 30, 2010 (Day 22). He celebrated his 17th birthday inside the house with his co-teenternational housemates giving him a surprise pool party. Reid was the only teenternational housemate who had Filipino blood. Reid was almost forced evicted twice during his stay inside the house. The first one occurred on May 21, 2010 (Day 43) when Reid was brought to the hospital due to chest pains, discoloration, and shortness of breath while the second one happened on June 1, 2010 (Day 53), when he was again brought to the hospital for the same health issues but this time together with fellow housemate Angelo Pasco. At first the doctors diagnosed Reid with costrochondritis (muscle pains in the rib/chest area) but during his second visit at the hospital the doctors found a hole in one of his lungs that is causing him difficulties in his breathing. After the complications, Reid was able to return to the Big Brother House, with conditions of having to rest frequently as well as wearing an oxygen tube for 1 week 24/7. One June 8, 2010 (Day 60), Reid was notified by the producers of Big Brother that he was no longer required to use the oxygen tube, he was only required to use it when he is sleeping.
On June 26, 2010 (Day 78), he was crowned as the Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 Big Winner after receiving 179, 294 (19.75%) of the total votes just 1.05% ahead of the total votes received by the 2nd Teen Big Placer, Ryan Bang who got 169, 697 (18.70%) of the total votes, these marks as the closest race ever to become the Big Winner in the history of Pinoy Big Brother. As the Big Winner, Reid won P1,000,000 (plus the same amount to his chosen charity) from Jack n' Jill, a laptop computer from Sony Vaio, a 42-inch flat screen TV from Sony Bravia, an Asian tour package for two care of Von Dutch, P1,500,000 worth of bottled purified water business from Crystal Clear, and a condominium unit worth P3,000,000 courtesy of Globe Asiatique.
2011-2013: Career beginnings, Solo musical career
On July 24, 2011, Reid together with Bret Jackson launched their first digital album entitled We Are Whatever on ASAP Rocks. Reid and Jackson featured four original songs including "Can't dance" featuring their co-housemates Ann Li and Fretzie Bercede.
Right after winning PBB, Reid was paired with his co-housemate Devon Seron in some ABS-CBN shows like Shoutout! and Good Vibes. He was offered a 2-year Star Magic contract with ABS-CBN. He was also paired with Yen Santos in Pintada.
In 2012, Reid signed with Viva. His launching movie Diary ng Panget together with Nadine Lustre, Yassi Pressman and Andre Paras. The movie was released on April 2, 2014 and became a box-office hit earning at least 119.5 million pesos during its 4-week run.
2014: Diary ng Panget and breakthrough success
On June 2, 2014, it was confirmed that he and Lustre would star in another film titled Talk Back and You're Dead together with Pressman and Joseph Marco. The film is also based on the best-selling book of the same name by Alesana Marie. The movie will be co-produced by Viva Films and Skylight Films. During its 4-week run the movie has grossed 79.8 million pesos according to Box Office Mojo.
On October 22, 2014, it was announced that he and Lustre will do another movie entitled Para sa Hopeless Romantic together with Julia Barretto, Iñigo Pascual, AJ Muhlach and Shy Carlos. The movie is based on a book written by Marcelo Santos III and will be under Viva Films and Skylight Films.
On August 26, 2014, Reid signed a two-year contract with ABS-CBN that marked his exclusivity to the network again after two years of freelancing and becoming a talent of Viva Artists Agency, as ABS-CBN gave him popularity. As part of the contract, Reid and his onscreen partner Nadine Lustre starred in their first TV series together as a loveteam entitled Wansapanataym Presents: My App #Boyfie which was also based on Wattpad story.
On January 2, 2015, Reid revealed that he is currently doing his second album that will be release within the year. The album will include songs collaborated with Canadian music producer Adam Hurstfield who has written and/or produced for artists such as Ashley Tisdale, Ne-Yo, Aly Michalka, Loverboy, Elise Estrada and many more. On January 10, Reid's new music video Huwag Ka Nang Humirit composed by Thyro Alfaro and Yumi Lacsamana was premiered in Viva's YouTube channel. After its upload, the music video began trending in social media and went viral in less than a week in the Philippine internet and Blogosphere.
2015–present: On The Wings Of Love, Reid Alert, Touring, JaDine loveteam impact, Till I Met You
On January 21, 2015, the music video of the song entitled "Hanap Hanap" premiered in MTV Pinoy. The song will as his fourth collaboration with Nadine Lustre after "No Erase", "Rocketeer" and "Bahala Na". It will also be used as the themesong of his upcoming movie with Lustre entitled Para sa Hopeless Romantic.
Reid's second album Reid Alert was released on Valentine's Day of 2015 by Viva Records. It debuted at #2 in Philippine iTunes pop music album charts behind Taylor Swift's 1989. On January 28, 2016, he released "Randomantic", the third single from Reid Alert.
On February 20, 2016, Reid and his on-screen and real life partner, Nadine Lustre, had their first major concert titled "JaDine In Love" at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Due to the clamor of JaDine fans overseas, Reid and Lustre will be holding a JaDine Love World Tour presented by TFC in March. They will visit Doha, Dubai, London and Milan.
Reid is an avid listener of R&B music, he cites Chris Brown as an early influence for him. He also has a taste in Pop rock and Alternative pop genre of music, he listens to Maroon 5 and The Script with some inspired influence as evident for inclination during his live performances.
|2010||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010||Housemate / Big Winner||ABS-CBN|
|2010–11||Shoutout!||Host / Performer|
|2011||Maynila Presents: Loving Your Own||Alvin||GMA Network|
|Good Vibes||Spencer Ziff||ABS-CBN|
|2012||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Pintada||Vito|
|2014||Wansapanataym Presents: My App #Boyfie||Joe|
|2014–present||ASAP||Himself / Host / Performer|
(with Nadine Lustre)
|2015||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Stuffed Toy||Marrion "Yong" Gopez||ABS-CBN|
|2015–2016||On The Wings of Love||Clark Medina|
|2016-present||Till I Met You||Sebastian "Basti" Valderama|
|2011||On Thin Ice||Paul Ruiz||Short Film
De La Salle University
|2014||Diary ng Panget||Cross Sandford||Viva Films|
|Talk Back and You're Dead||Timothy "Top" Odelle Pendleton||Viva Films
|Relaks, It's Just Pag-Ibig||Josh's classmate||Spring Films|
|The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin||Himself (cameo role)||Star Cinema
|2015||Para sa Hopeless Romantic||Nikko John Borja|
|Beauty and the Bestie||Tristan Adams|
|2016||This Time||Coby Martinez||Viva Films|
Awards and nominations
- James Reid was born in Australia. Thus, he does not possess his mother's maiden name which is Marquinez.
- "PBB's James Reid defends self against critics". abs-cbnnews.com. July 2, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- ""Reid Alert" (EP album) on iTunes". iTunes. Viva Records. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "Viva Artists Agency – James Reid Profile". vivaartistsagency.ph. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "PBB'S Fil-Aussie teen winner James Reid bares story behind move to the Philippines". philstar.com. October 14, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "It's official! James, Nadine now a couple". ABS-CBN News and Public Affairs. February 20, 2016.
- "Confirmed: James Reid and Nadine Lustre are a couple". Rappler. February 20, 2016.
- Arnel Serato (February 21, 2016). "James Reid and Nadine Lustre now officially a couple". PEP.
- "James Reid's PBB profile". teens3.pinoybigbrother.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Meet the 10 Teenternational housemates of Pinoy Big Brother Teen Clash of 2010". pep.ph. May 5, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "James Reid wins Pinoy Big Brother Teen Clash of 2010". pep.ph. June 27, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "James Reid is Pinoy Big Brother Big Winner". manilyntingcang.com. June 27, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- "PBB Big Winner James Reid on his victory: I'm still in shocked". abs-cbnnews.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "We Are Whatever (WAW) – TwitMusic".
- ABS-CBN Corporate Communications (July 30, 2011). "PBB's James Reid and Brett Jackson release their first album under Star Records". Push (ABS-CBN). ABS-CBN. Event occurs at 4:04 AM. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "ABS-CBN "Shoutout!" groups". coolbuster.net. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Kapamilyalogy: Meet the whole "Shoutout!" cast". kapamilyalogy.blogspot.com. November 23, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "ABS-CBN Shoutout! Kapamilya". abscbnshoutout.blogspot.com. January 16, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- ""Shoutout!" aims to train the next generation of stars". pep.ph. November 30, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "The Cast of 'Good Vibes' 2011". philippineshow.blogspot.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Will James Reid and Devon Seron have their first onscreen kiss on Good Vibes?". pep.ph. July 8, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Ex-PBB Teen Clash housemates James Reid, Bret Jackson, and Ivan Dorschner are not in a rush to get their breaks in showbiz". blogphilippines.com. October 21, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Young stars make their move in "Good Vibes"". celebrity.yahoo.com. March 30, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Devon Seron To Choose Between James Reid Or Ivan Dorschner". entervrexworld.com. August 2, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Devon Seron To Finally Choose Between James and Ivan". philstar.com. August 7, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Poll Update: James Reid Is Currently The Best Choice For Devon Seron Against Ivan Dorschner For Good Vibes Finale!". entervrexworld.com. August 23, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Where is PBB's James Reid now?". abs-cbnnews.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "James Reid IMDB Profile". imdb.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Main cast of the movie adaption of "Diary ng Panget" revealed". Pinoy Movie. February 22, 2014.
- "Pinoy Big Brother Big Winner stars in viral "Diary ng Panget" trailer". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. March 22, 2014.
- "Cast of "Diary ng Panget" are future big stars".
- Ricky Lo (March 27, 2014). "Andre & James: Diary ng mga Pogi". Philippine Star.
- "Trailer: 'Diary ng Panget' featuring James Reid and Nadine Lustre". Pinoy Movie. March 23, 2014.
- ""Diary ng Panget" a box office hit". Manila Standard Today. April 8, 2014.
- "Viva Films' "Diary ng Panget" is now the 3rd highest grossing film in the Philippines for 2014".
- "James Reid is the new pop heartthrob!". Viva ph. September 12, 2013. Event occurs at 18:23. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "PBB winner James Reid records solo album". Viva. July 5, 2013.
- "Diary ng Panget (Original Movie Soundtrack)".
- "Bahala Na by James Reid and Nadine Lustre". Viva. August 15, 2014.
- Ruel J.Mendoza (June 2, 2014). "James Reid and Nadine Lustre paired anew for the big screen". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- "Talk Back and You're Dead Philippines Box Office". Box Office Mojo.
- "James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Julia Barretto and Iñigo Pascual to topbill "Para sa Hopeless Romantic"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. October 22, 2014.
- Marsh Abante (October 22, 2014). "JaDine 'Para sa Hopeless Romantic'". Viva.
- "Para Sa Hopeless Romantic Trailer". Star Cinema. February 28, 2015.
- "'Diary ng Panget' stars join ABS-CBN". abs-cbnnews.com. August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "James Reid and Nadine Lustre deny competing with Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla". push.abs-cbn.com. August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "JaDine gets first Kapamilya project". starcinema.abs-cbn.com. September 4, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "MY APP BOYFIE Full Trailer". youtube.com. September 20, 2014. Retrieved September 21, 2014.
- "My App Boyfie (OT)". abs-cbnnews.com. September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Nadine and James stars on My App Boyfie". Veooz. September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "James, itinangging nililigawan ang kapatid ni Kim Chiu". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. January 2, 2015.
- "Adam H. Produces 1st single for Australian Superstar James Reid!". XOXO Ent. November 10, 2014.
- "VIRAL: James Reid wows as 'total performer' in music video". ABS-CBN. January 16, 2015.
- "Huwag Ka Nang Humirit". Viva. January 9, 2015.
- "James, Nadine get sweet in 'Hanap-Hanap' music video". ABS-CBN. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "ShowbizNest: Music Video: Hanap Hanap by James Reid and Nadine Lustre". ShowbizNest. January 22, 2015. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "Randomantic - James Reid (Official Music Video)". OPM Tambayan. January 28, 2016.
- "We Are Whatever – EP (2011)". iTunes. Star Records and iTunes. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up
|Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 Big Winner
Pinoy Big Brother: Unlimited
Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus
|Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 Big Winner
Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4