James Shaw Hay
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2016)
He was the 8th Administrator of the Gambia between 1886 and 1888, Acting Governor and Commander-in-Chief of Sierra Leone between 1886 and 1888 and again in 1888 until 24 November, when he became effective until 1889, as again between 1890 and 1891, and the 3rd Governor and Commander-in-Chief of Barbados between 1891 and 1900.
Marriages and issue
- Margaret Eleanor Hay (? - 7 March 1955), married on 5 December 1895 to Major of the W. R. Regiment Harold Wolstenholme Cobb (? - 15 October 1909), without issue
He married secondly Frances Marie Polatza (? - 17 June 1893), daughter of Jacques Polatza, from Brussels, without issue.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1839.
- List of colonial governors of the Gambia
- List of colonial governors of Sierra Leone
- List of Governors of Barbados
Captain A. W. Baker
| Inspector General of Constabulary, Gold Coast
? - ?