James Stuart, 2nd Earl of Bute
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
James Stuart, 2nd Earl of Bute (before 1696 – 28 January 1723) was the son of James Stuart, 1st Earl of Bute and Agnes Mackenzie.
- John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute (25 May 1713 – 10 March 1792)
- James Stuart-Mackenzie (b. before 1723 – c. April 1800)
- Hon. Archibald Stuart
- Lady Mary Stuart (b. c1713, d. 30 December 1773) married 31 October 1729 to Sir Robert Menzies of Weem (b. c1706, d. 1786)
- Lady Elizabeth Stuart
- Anne Stuart (b. before 1723 – 28 November 1786), married July 1736 James Johnstone (later Ruthven, 5th Lord Ruthven of Freeland)
- Lady Jean Stuart
- Lady Grace Stuart
- "Bute, Earl of (S, 1703)" Cracroft's Peerage. Web.
- Menzies, David Prentice, The “Red and White” Book of Menzies: The History of Clan Menzies and Its Chiefs (Glasgow: Banks, 1894), p. 401. Open Library. Internet Archive.
- Alexander Hastie Millar, The Historical Castles and Mansions of Scotland: Perthshire and Forfar (London: Gardner, 1890), p. 59. GoogleBooks.
- Menzies, p. 401.
- ThePeerage.com identifies her death date as 28 November; Cracroft's Peerage says 26 November.
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Bute
|This article about a Scottish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|