James Stuart-Wortley (Conservative politician)
The youngest son of James Archibald Stuart-Wortley-Mackenzie, 1st Baron Wharncliffe, he was educated at Christ Church, Oxford.
He was elected at the 1835 general election as Member of Parliament (MP) for Halifax, but was defeated at the 1837 general election. He returned to the House of Commons in 1842, when he was elected at an unopposed by-election as MP for Bute, and held that seat until 1859. At the 1859 general election he stood in the West Riding of Yorkshire, but did not win a seat.
- Mary Caroline Stuart-Wortley (10 May 1848 – 18 April 1941), married in London on 30 December 1880 Ralph King-Milbanke, 2nd Earl of Lovelace
- Archibald John Stuart-Wortley (27 May 1849 – 11 October 1905), married in 1883 Eleanor Edith Bromley (d. 1939)
- Charles Beilby Stuart-Wortley, 1st Baron Stuart of Wortley (15 September 1851 – 24 April 1926)
- Margaret Jane Stuart-Wortley (d. 6 October 1937), married on 8 May 1877 Sir Reginald Talbot, son of Henry Chetwynd-Talbot, 18th Earl of Shrewsbury
- Blanche Georgina Stuart-Wortley (d. 7 July 1931), married on 26 February 1895 Frederick Firebrace (d. 1917)
- Caroline Susan Theodora Stuart-Wortley (d. 7 August 1940), married on 25 June 1881 Norman Grosvenor, son of Robert Grosvenor, 1st Baron Ebury
- Katharine Sarah Stuart-Wortley (d. 27 March 1943), married on 1 October 1883 Gen. Sir Neville Lyttelton, son of George Lyttelton, 4th Baron Lyttelton
- "House of Commons constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)". Leigh Rayment's House of Commons pages. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 141, 491, 576. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- "House of Commons constituencies beginning with "B" (part 6)". Leigh Rayment's House of Commons pages. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "Theroff's Online Gotha". Retrieved 2006-11-30.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by James Stuart-Wortley
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir Charles Wood
|Member of Parliament for Halifax
1835 – 1837
With: Sir Charles Wood
Sir Charles Wood
Edward Davis Protheroe
Sir William Rae, Bt
|Member of Parliament for Bute
1842 – 1859
Sir Richard Bethell
|Solicitor General for England and Wales
Sir Henry Singer Keating