James J. Tayoun
|Member of the Philadelphia City Council from the 1st District|
January 4, 1988 – May 17, 1991 
|Preceded by||Leland Beloff|
|Succeeded by||Joe Vignola|
January 5, 1976 – January 27, 1984
|Preceded by||Isadore Bellis|
|Succeeded by||Leland Beloff|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
from the 183rd district
January 7, 1969 – November 30, 1970
|Preceded by||District Created|
|Succeeded by||Adriano Mastrangelo|
|Born||March 27, 1930|
|Died||November 1, 2017 (aged 87)|
|Alma mater||Temple University|
He served non-consecutive terms representing District 1 on Philadelphia City Council. He resigned from his first term in 1984 to run for a seat in the First Congressional District of Pennsylvania, challenging incumbent Thomas Foglietta.
He resigned from his second term after pleading guilty to racketeering, mail fraud, tax evasion and obstruction of justice charges. He spent 40 months in prison. He is the 7th council member to be indicted since 1972.
- "Tayoun Accepts A Jail Term - Philly.com". articles.philly.com. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Pennsylvania; Pennsylvania. Dept. of Property and Supplies; Pennsylvania. Bureau of Publications (1969). The Pennsylvania Manual. 99. Department of Property and Supplies for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Cox, Harold. "House Members T". Wilkes University Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University.
- "THE OTHER RACE, PHILIDELPHIANS SAY, IS TOO CLOSE A CALL". New York Times. April 7, 1984. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "Tayoun's son plans to challenge Fumo James J. Tayoun Jr., a surgeon and son of a former Philadelphia city councilman, will face the Democrat in April's primary. - Philly.com". articles.philly.com. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Tayoun says plea best move for city". Reading Eagle. May 23, 1991. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "Legal Affairs". legalaffairs.org. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|