James Thornton (actor)
31 October 1975 |
|Occupation||actor, voice-over artist|
|Spouse(s)||Joanna Page (2003–present)|
James Thornton (born 31 October 1975) is an English actor and voice-over artist. He is best known for portraying farmer John Barton on the long-running British soap opera Emmerdale from 2009 to 2012. He has been acting since 1997.
Thornton married actress Joanna Page in December 2003. They have 3 children. Four years before their marriage, they appeared alongside each other in the BBC adaptation of the Charles Dickens novel David Copperfield; he as Ham Peggotty, she as Dora Spenlow.
On 13 February 2010, Thornton was hit by a car during a trip to London. He was treated for shock and injuries to his legs and knees in hospital. Emmerdale show bosses were forced to rewrite a number of scenes involving Thornton's character.
- 2014 Stella
- 2009-2012 Emmerdale
- 2008 HolbyBlue
- 2007 Holby City - Series 9
- 2005 No Angels
- 2001, 2003-2004 Red Cap
- 2003 Between the Sheets
- 2000 Playing the Field
- 1999 David Copperfield
- 1999 The Lakes
- 1998 Among Giants
Thornton has also narrated several documentaries since 2003 Including Take me to the edge (2008) and also appeared as himself in television shows including Loose Women (2009-2012), and Let's Dance for Sports Relief (2011) He has also narrated and appeared in documentaries, Benefits by the sea : Jaywick (2015-2016).
- "John Barton". What's on TV. IPC Media. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "James Thornton". Hobson's International. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Gavin and Stacey star Joanna Page gives birth to 'beautiful baby boy' Noah as she and husband James Thornton welcome third child 15 December 2016". Daily Mail. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Rollo, Sarah (14 February 2010). "'Emmerdale' star hit by car in London". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
|Winner of Let's Dance for Comic Relief
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|