|Born||James Platten Vanderbilt
November 1975 (age 39)
|Spouse(s)||Amber Freeman (2005-present)|
Early life and education
A descendant of the Vanderbilt family of New York, James Vanderbilt is the son of Alison Campbell (née Platten) and Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt III. His paternal grandfather, Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt II, once chaired the New York Racing Association, and his maternal grandfather, Donald Campbell Platten, was the chief executive and chairman of Chemical Bank. Through his "Vanderbilt" line, he is a second cousin, once removed, of newsman Anderson Cooper.
|2003||Darkness Falls||screenwriter||Jonathan Liebesman|
|2003||The Rundown||screenwriter||Peter Berg|
|2010||The Losers||screenwriter||Sylvain White|
|2012||The Amazing Spider-Man||screenwriter, story by||Marc Webb|
|2013||White House Down||screenwriter, story by||Roland Emmerich|
|2014||The Amazing Spider-Man 2||story by||Marc Webb|
|2015||Truth||director, screenwriter||James Vanderbilt||Directorial debut|
|2016||Independence Day: Resurgence||screenwriter||Roland Emmerich||Draft|
- Saroyan, Strawberry (2005-05-22). "Amber Freeman and Jamie Vanderbilt". The New York Times.
- Johnston, Laure (1975-12-06). "Notes on People". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Barron, James (1991-08-27). "Donald C. Platten, Ex-Chairman Of Chemical Bank, Is Dead at 72". The New York Times.
- "Hersam Acorn Newspapers Archives". New Canaan Advertiser, The. May 5, 2005.
- Liam Hemsworth Eyed to Star in ‘Independence Day’ Sequel
- James Vanderbilt wrote the first draft of the film Independence Day 2
- James Vanderbilt at the Internet Movie Database
- James Vanderbilt interview in Creative Screenwriting Magazine
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|