|Irish name||Séamus Uadlóg|
24 March 1986 |
Drom, County Tipperary, Ireland
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 01:38, 1 November 2012.|
Woodlock made his first appearance for the team during the 2006 National League and has become a regular player over the last few seasons. During that time he has won two Munster winners' medals and one National Hurling League winners' medal. He has ended up as an All-Ireland runner-up on one occasion.
Woodlock plays his club hurling with Drom-Inch and has enjoyed some success.
In 2011 Woodlock was a key member of the club's senior team as Drom-Inch reached the championship decider. Clonoulty-Rossmore provided the opposition on that occasion, however, Drom-Inch claimed their first county club championship following a 1-19 to 2-14 victory.
Woodlock first came to prominence on the inter-county scene as a member of the Tipperary minor hurling team in 2003. He collected a Munster winners' medal that year following a 2-12 to 0-16 defeat of Cork. Woodlock's side, however, were later defeated by Galway in the All-Ireland semi-final.
Three years later in 2006 Woodlock was a key fixture on the Tipperary under-21 hurling team. He secured a Munster winners' medal in that grade following a 3-11 to 0-13 defeat of Cork. Tipp later qualified for the All-Ireland final against Kilkenny. After a thrilling 2-14 apiece draw, both sides met for a replay which Kilkenny narrowly won by 1-11 to 0-11.
By 2007 Woodlock became a regular member of the Tipperary starting fifteen. He made his championship debut against Limerick in the provincial series, however, it was a largely disappointing campaign for Tipp.
In 2008 Tipperary remained undefeated in the National League before meeting Galway in the final. In an exciting game Tipp emerged victorious by 3-18 to 3-16 and Woodlock collected his first National League winners' medal. Tipperary later reached the Munster final where they defeated a resurgent Clare team by 2-21 to 0-19. It was Woodlock's first Munster winners' medal. Tipperary were subsequently defeated in a tense All-Ireland semi-final by Waterford on a scoreline of 1-20 to 1-18.
Woodlock won his second Munster medal in 2009 as Tipp defeated Waterford by 4-14 to 2-16. After a six-week lay-off and a facile semi-final win over Limerick, Tipp qualified for an All-Ireland final meeting with Kilkenny. For much of the match it looked as if Tipp would pull off a shock and deny 'the Cats' a record-equaling four-in-a-row. Two quick goals in the space of a minute, one from a penalty by Henry Shefflin, sealed a 2-22 to 0-23 victory and defeat for Tipperary. O'Mahony later collected a second All-Star award. Woodlock was later nominated for an All-Star award.
In October 2009 Woodlock broke his right leg in four places after an accidental collision with inter-county team-mate Pádraic Maher in the Tipperary county final. This injury kept him out of hurling action for ten months.
Woodlock returned to championship hurling in 2011 when he came on as a substitute in Tipperary's two opening championship games.
In spite of an indifferent National League campaign, Tipperary were regarded as potential All-Ireland champions once again. Woodlock missed out on Tipperary's Munster championship success over Waterford.
- Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship (1): 2011
- Munster Senior Hurling Championship (3): 2008, 2009, 2015
- National Hurling League (1): 2008
- Munster Under-21 Hurling Championship (1): 2006
- Munster Minor Hurling Championship (1): 2003
- "Senior Hurling Panel". Tipperary GAA website. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Fourth time lucky for Drom & Inch". Hogan Stand. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Munster Minor Hurling Final Winning Teams". Munster GAA. Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- "Tipp shut out as Kilkenny power home". Irish Times. 17 September 2006. Retrieved 17 September 2008.
- "Tipp win Division One crown". Hogan Stand website. 20 April 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2008.
- "Munster SHC final: Tipp end seven-year wait". Hogan Stand website. 13 July 2008. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Waterford shock Tipp to book final spot". Hogan Stand website. 17 August 2008. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "RTÉ Sport: Tipperary 4-14 Waterford 2-16". RTÉ Sport. 12 July 2009. Retrieved 29 July 2009.
- "RTÉ Sport: Kilkenny 2-22 Tipperary 0-23". RTÉ Sport. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- "Hurling All Star nominations revealed". RTÉ Sport. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 7 October 2009.
- "Mixed emotions for Woodlock". Irish Independent. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- Clerkin, Malachy (16 July 2012). "Clinical Tipperary complete first task". Irish Times. Retrieved 30 October 2012.