James Wyndham John Hughes-Hallett, CMG, SBS (born 10 September 1949) is a British businessman and investor. He was Chairman of the Swire Group between 2005 and 2015. His sister is the author Lucy Hughes-Hallett.
He began his career as an articled clerk with Dixon Wilson Tubbs & Gillett (1970–73). He has worked with the Swire Group (since 1976) in the following positions.
- Chairman, Swire Pacific Ltd (1999-2005)
- Chairman, John Swire & Sons (Hong Kong) Ltd (1999-2005)
- Chairman, John Swire & Sons Ltd (2005–2015)
- Non-executive director, John Swire & Sons Ltd (since 2015)
He has also been Chairman, Cathay Pacific Ltd (1999-2005) and Director, HSBC Holdings Ltd (2005-2014).
- Trustee, Dulwich Picture Gallery (2005–present)
- Esmée Fairbairn Foundation (Chairman, 2005–present)
- Governor, SOAS (2005-2010)
- Governor, Courtauld Institute of Art (2008–present)
- List of companies related to James Hughes-Hallett - http://www.flixens.com/director/james-wyndham-john-hughes-hallett