Jamestown Village Hall
|Elevation||230 ft (70.1 m)|
|Area||4.59 km2 (1.8 sq mi)|
|- land||4.53 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|- water||0.05 km2 (0 sq mi)|
|Density||30.7 / km2 (79.5 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Jamestown is 4 miles (6 km) west of Kepler Lake.
- Harvey Locke Carey, Louisiana lawyer and politician, spent his later years in a camp on Kepler Lake.
- Enoch T. Nix, a banker in Bossier City and a 30-year member of the Louisiana State Board of Education and its replacement body, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, was born in Jamestown in 1920.
- Calvin Marion Robinson (1908-1957), a native of Jamestown, was the sheriff of Winn Parish, prior to 1956.
Jamestown is located in western Bienville Parish at (32.341201, -93.208366).
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Jamestown has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 149 people, 60 households, and 36 families residing in the village. The population density was 86.4 inhabitants per square mile (33.4/km²). There were 80 housing units at an average density of 46.4 per square mile (18.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 95.97% White, 3.36% African American and 0.67% Native American.
There were 60 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.3% were married couples living together, 6.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 40.0% were non-families. 36.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.48 and the average family size was 3.33.
In the village the population was spread out with 26.8% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 25.5% from 25 to 44, 22.1% from 45 to 64, and 16.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 75.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $23,125, and the median income for a family was $33,125. Males had a median income of $26,250 versus $21,875 for females. The per capita income for the village was $11,305. There were 6.9% of families and 9.1% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 33.3% of those over 64.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jamestown village, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "Carey, Harvey Locke". Who Was Who in America, Vol. 9. 1985. p. 63. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Enoch T. Nix Obit". jenforum.org. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- "Calvin Marion Robinson". The Winn Parish Enterprise. December 5, 1957. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Jamestown, Louisiana
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.