Jamie Bartlett (journalist)
Jamie Bartlett is a British author and journalist, primarily for The Spectator and The Telegraph. He was a Senior Fellow at Demos and was the Director of the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media at Demos until 2017.
In 2014, Bartlett released his first full-length book, The Dark Net. The book discusses the darknet and dark web in broad terms, describing a range of underground and emergent subcultures, including social media racists, cam girls, self harm communities, darknet drug markets, cryptoanarchists and transhumanists.
In 2017, he published his second book Radicals Chasing Utopia, which covered fringe political movements including transhumanism, psychedelic societies and anarcho-capitalism. He also presented the two part BBC Two series The Secrets of Silicon Valley.
In 2019 he co-wrote and presented the BBC podcast series The Missing Cryptoqueen, which investigated the disappearance of Dr Ruja Ignatova, founder of the fake cryptocurrency OneCoin. The podcast also examines how OneCoin operates, and its human and social cost.
- "Reflections on 10 years at Demos". Demos. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- Dinmore, Guy (13 February 2013). "Grillo makes five star progress in campaign". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Ian, Burrell (28 August 2014). "The Dark Net:Inside the Digital Underworld by Jamie Bartlett, book review". Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- Hamill, Jasper (18 March 2015). "Spooks left 'furious' after Anonymous hacktivists name and shame 9,200 ISIS supporters, sources claim". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Reidy, Padraig (28 May 2015). "Padraig Reidy: We cannot choose which free speech we will defend and which we will not". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Bartlett, Jamie (16 April 2015). "How much should we trust Wikipedia?". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Bartlett, Jamie (10 February 2015). "Which party leader gets the most abuse on Twitter?". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Bartlett, Jamie (4 December 2014). "Facebook is not a public utility – and your data is a small price for a free service". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Messum, J. Kent. "Radicals Chasing Utopia: Inside the Rogue Movements Trying to Change the World". www.nyjournalofbooks.com. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- Arel, Dan (June 13, 2017). "Radicals Chasing Utopia Sets out to Be Your User Guide to Radical Movements". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- Saner, Emine (2017-08-07). "Secrets of Silicon Valley review – are we sleepwalking towards a technological apocalypse?". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- PEOPLE VS. TECH by Jamie Bartlett | Kirkus Reviews.
- Bartlett, Jamie. "The People Vs Tech". www.penguin.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie Bartlett.|
- Jamie Bartlett on Journalisted
- Jamie Bartlett on Twitter
- TED Jamie Bartlett: How the mysterious dark net is going mainstream
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|