Jamie Campbell Bower
Jamie Campbell Bower
Bower at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con.
James Metcalfe Campbell Bower
22 November 1988
|Occupation||Actor, singer, model|
James Metcalfe Campbell Bower (born 22 November 1988) is an English actor, singer, and model. He is best known for his roles as Anthony Hope in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Caius in The Twilight Saga, King Arthur in the Starz series Camelot, the young Gellert Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and playwright Kit Marlowe in the short-lived series Will.
Bower is also the lead vocalist, guitarist and founding member of Counterfeit, a band formed in 2015 in London.
Bower was born in London. His mother, Anne Elizabeth (née Roseberry), is a music manager, and his father, David Bower, works for the Gibson Guitar Corporation. His maternal great-great-great-great-grandfather was Sir John Campbell, of Airds, Lieutenant Governor of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. He attended Bedales School, a co-educational independent school in Hampshire, and is a former member of the National Youth Music Theatre and the National Youth Theatre.
Bower began his professional career when his friend Laura Michelle Kelly, recommended him to her agent. He was a part-time model with Select Model Management in London. He played Rocker in the film RocknRolla and Jack in Winter in Wartime. He starred in the 2009 remake of the series The Prisoner as Number 11–12.
Also in 2009, he played the vampire Caius Volturi in the film The Twilight Saga: New Moon and both Twilight: Breaking Dawn films. He appeared as the younger Gellert Grindelwald, the dark wizard defeated by Albus Dumbledore, in the 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. He played King Arthur in the 2011 television series Camelot. In 2010, he starred in the music video for "Young (Belane)" by The Xcerts.
In 2012, Bower appeared in the music video for "Never Let Me Go" by Florence + The Machine. He played Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, the film adaption of The Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare. In December 2013, he joined the cast of Burberry's Campaign Stars for spring/summer 2014.
He is the frontman for the band Counterfeit, which released its first album in March 2017 and had a US Tour in 2017.
In July 2017, he was on the TNT original series, Will.
As of January 2019, Bower announced that he would be in the prelude series to Game of Thrones.
In February 2010, Bower was confirmed to be dating actress Bonnie Wright whom he had met on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. In April 2011, they confirmed their engagement. On 30 June 2012, they amicably called off their engagement.
|2007||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street||Anthony Hope|
|2008||Winter in Wartime||Jack|
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Caius|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1||Young Gellert Grindelwald|
|2011||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1||Caius|
|2012||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Caius|
|2013||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Jace Wayland|
|2015||Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure||Skiff||UK/US Voice|
|2018||Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald||Young Gellert Grindelwald|
|2009||The Prisoner||11–12||6 episodes|
|2011||Camelot||King Arthur||10 episodes|
|2016–present||Thomas & Friends||Skiff||UK/US voice|
|2017||Will||Christopher Marlowe||10 episodes|
|2015||Bend It Like Beckham||Joe||West End|
Awards and nominations
|2011||National Movie Awards||One to Watch: Brits Going Global||Himself||Won|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Action||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Nominated|
- "Jamie Campbell Bower interview AP". YouTube. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Vilkomerson, Sara (11 December 2007). "He's 19, He's Beautiful And He's Bloody Good". The New York Observer. Retrieved 17 February 2008.
- Whitworth, Melissa (16 November 2009). "Fresh blood: Jamie Campbell Bower's teen thrills". This Is London. Archived from the original on 25 November 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- Beauclerk Dewar, Peter (2001). Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain: together with members of the titled and non-titled contemporary establishment:Volume 1 of Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain. Burke's Peerage. p. 160. ISBN 0-9711966-0-5.
- "Exclusive Q&A with Jamie Campbell Bower, Rising Star of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Gibson.com. 15 January 2007. Archived from the original on 9 February 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2008.
- West, Dave (25 July 2008). "'Jericho' star, Wilson join ITV's 'Prisoner'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 27 July 2008.
- "British newcomer joins Twilight". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2009.
- Fred Topel (March 30, 2011). "'Twilight's' Jamie Campbell Bower Is Also 'Camelot's' Arthur". Starpulse. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- Sam Morgan (31 May 2011). "Jaime Campbell Bower Joins 'The Mortal Instruments'". Hollywood.com. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013.
- Bergin, Olivia (17 December 2013). "Meet Burberry's fresh new cast of campaign stars". Telegraph. Archived from the original on 1 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "West End's Bend It Like Beckham Musical Casts Its Complete Team". playbill.com. Playbill. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Harry Potter's Jamie Campbell Bower, Bonnie Wright Engaged!". Us Weekly. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Jamie Campbell Bower, Bonnie Wright Call Off Engagement". Us Weekly. July 10, 2012. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "11 intriguing moments from the third Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald trailer". Pottermore. 25 September 2018. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "2011 National Movie Award Winners". National Movie Awards. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie Campbell Bower.|