Jamie Cook (footballer)
|Full name||James Steven Cook|
|Date of birth||2 August 1979|
|Place of birth||Oxford, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2004||→ Bath City (loan)||11||(3)|
|2007||Rushden & Diamonds||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:00, 30 December 2014 (UTC).
Cook started his career with his hometown club Oxford United, where he played 77 times in the Football League, scoring seven goals. He then joined Boston United in February 2000, where he was a part of the team that beat Dagenham & Redbridge to the Conference title that season. The midfielder then had a spell with Conference side Stevenage Borough in 2002 before joining Bath City on loan.
In 2005–06 he revived his football career with Hellenic League outfit Witney United scoring more than 30 goals before making a move to Rushden & Diamonds in January 2007, where he stayed for three months making 7 Conference appearances, scoring a single goal.
Cook rejoined former Boston United manager Steve Evans at Crawley Town at the start of the 2007–08 season. On 19 January 2008, Cook scored a hat-trick in the 4–1 win over his former club Rushden & Diamonds.
He went back to Oxford United for £5000 in a transfer funded by Oxford United fans, with Crawley desperate to reduce their wage bill due to financial difficulties, on 1 September 2009. After scoring only three goals in 16 appearances, he left the club by mutual consent on 28 June 2010. Although he was a target for Rushden & Diamonds, he rejoined Crawley Town a day after leaving Oxford. On 31 May 2011, he signed for Bath City.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2003). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2003/2004. Queen Anne Press. p. 94. ISBN 1-85291-651-6.
- Cook leaves Boro on loan, BBC Sport
- Rushden seal quartet of signings, BBC Sport
- Crawley 4–1 Rushden & Diamonds, BBC Sport
- Fans pay for Cook's Oxford return, BBC Sport
- Cook leaves The U's , Oxford United FC
- Rushden & Diamonds target Oxford United's Jamie Cook, BBC Sport
- EXCLUSIVE - Star Striker Cook returns home to The Reds, Crawley Town F.C.
- Jamie Cook by Gavin Osborn on Soundcloud