Jamie Day (footballer, born 1986)
|Full name||Jamie Robert Day|
|Date of birth||7 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Falmouth, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2004||→ Crawley Town (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009||→ Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)||8||(0)|
|2010–2011||Rushden & Diamonds||38||(1)|
|2011–2012||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Falmouth, Cornwall, Day started his career at Peterborough United and made more than 100 appearances for the London Road club. Between September and October 2004 he was on loan to Crawley Town and had a spell at Dagenham & Redbridge in 2009. In June 2010 he signed for Rushden & Diamonds in the Conference National. After an impressive season for Rushden & Diamonds, Day joined Football League new boys Crawley Town on 27 May 2011 on a free transfer. In November 2011, Day was loaned out to Aldershot Town until January 2012, but failed to make an appearance for the club.
On 8 August 2012, Day announced his immediate retirement from football due to an ongoing back problem.
- 2008–09: League One Runner Up (promotion to The Championship) – Peterborough United
- 2007–08: League Two Runner Up (promotion to League One) – Peterborough United
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- "Rushden & Diamonds sign defender Day from Peterborough". BBC Sport. 18 June 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Day Makes Crawley Move". Football Conference. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Larkins, Simon (8 August 2012). "Former Peterborough United star told to retire at the age of 26". Falmouth Packet.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|