Jamie Geller is an American-born Israeli food writer, celebrity chef, television producer and businesswoman. She is an author of several cookbooks and the founder of the Kosher Media Network, a media company that is organized into five business segments: Publishing, Broadcasting, Digital, Live and E-Commerce. In 2010 KMN launched Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller, which has become the #1 Trusted Kosher Content Brand. Additionally, she hosts online cooking shows called the “Joy of Kosher” cooking series. Geller has received acclaim including being called "The Kosher Rachael Ray" by the Miami Herald.
Life and career
Geller was born in Philadelphia and raised in a Jewish home in Abington, Pennsylvania. She attended Akiba Hebrew Academy High School. At New York University Geller studied Broadcast Journalism and Hebrew Language and Literature and graduated Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa in May 1999. Geller is also a baalat teshuva, having embraced Orthodox Judaism and traditional Jewish religious practice in her early 20s.
Before writing her first cookbook, Geller was a writer and television producer for CNN, Entertainment News, the Food Network, and as a senior writer/producer and marketing executive for HBO, where she worked on the network's Groundbreaking Original series, including The Sopranos, The Wire, Entourage, HBO Original Films, HBO Concerts and HBO Sports.
In 2007, Geller published Quick and Kosher Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing (ISBN 978-1-60094-053-8) (Feldheim Publishers). The book chronicles her experience of choosing Orthodox Judaism, her marriage and learning to cook. In 2010 Geller published Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes (Feldheim Publishers).
In August 2012, Geller officially made aliyah to Israel and settled in the city of Beit Shemesh. Though she permanently resides in Israel, Geller occasionally returns to the United States for events.
- Quick & Kosher Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing (2007, Feldheim Publishers)
- Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes (2010, Feldheim Publishers)
- Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller (a magazine)
- Ellen Kanner. "Who Knew Kosher Was Easy?" The Miami Herald (November 29, 2007): 7E.
- US Queen of Kosher: “I’m a Jewish Person and it’s the Jewish Homeland, and I Want to Go Home!” | JewishPress
- The queen of kosher cuisine cooks up a new life in Israel - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- Kosher Queen Jamie Geller Makes Aliyah on TV | Jewocity Blog
- Jamie Geller To Make Aliyah - Follow Jamie to Israel | Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller
- Rahel Musleah (12-09-12). "A New Beginning for Kosher Chef Jamie Geller". Retrieved February 7, 2013. Check date values in:
- Malkah Fleisher (August 2, 2012). "US Queen of Kosher: "I'm a Jewish Person and it's the Jewish Homeland, and I Want to Go Home!"". Jewish Press. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- The Jewish Week | Connecting the World to Jewish News, Culture, and Opinion