August 19, 1966
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Jamie Glazov (born Yakov Glazov, Russian: Яков Глазов; August 19, 1966) is the managing editor of FrontPage Magazine, the online publication founded by David Horowitz. He specializes in Soviet Studies, and US and Canadian foreign policy. Nowadays he runs a Web TV talkshow called "The Glazov Gang" 
Life and career
Glazov's father, Yuri Glazov, was a Soviet dissident during the Leonid Brezhnev period, and signed the Letter of Twelve, denouncing alleged Soviet human rights abuses. His mother, Marina Glazova, was also an active dissident, typing and circulating Samizdat, underground political literature. Glazov's father took the risk of applying for a visa to exit the USSR. Avoiding imprisonment, Yuri Glazov and his family left the USSR in 1972 and settled in Halifax, in 1975, when Jamie was nine.
Glazov earned his bachelor's degree in political science from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1988. Glazov later earned his MA from Dalhousie in 1990 and PhD in History from York University in 1997. He used to write the "Dr. Progressive" column at The American Partisan.
On October 16, 2000, shortly after the death of former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Glazov claimed in an online article that Trudeau "never met a communist he didn't like".
Glazov wrote and edited the introduction to David Horowitz's book Left Illusions. He is also the co-editor (with David Horowitz) of the book The Hate America Left, and is the author of Canadian Policy Toward Khrushchev's Soviet Union (McGill-Queen's University Press, 2002) as well as 15 Tips on How to be a Good Leftist.
Despite holding Canadian citizenship, he wrote in one of his articles: "Canada is based on anti-Americanism. It is built in opposition to America. Without anti-Americanism—as one author has quipped—Canada would cease to exist."
In 2009 he published a book entitled United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror.
- "The Canadian involvement in the Vietnam War". Worldcat. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Canadian policy toward Nikita Khrushchev's Soviet Union / Jamie Glazov.". York University Library. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Left illusions: an intellectual odyssey – Google Books. Books.google.com. September 20, 2008. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- The hate America left – Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- Canadian policy toward Khrushchev's ... – Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Canadian Policy Toward Khrushchev's Soviet Union.(Book Review) – Canadian Journal of History | HighBeam Research – FREE trial". Accessmylibrary.com. August 1, 2004. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "The Sickness of Canadian Anti-Americanism". Frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "FrontPage Magazine – I Have A Dream". Frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- April 6, 2009. Book TV. CSPAN2.
- Warmington, Joe (March 14, 2009). "Lockyer to the rescue". Toronto Sun. Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- Interview with Christopher Hitchens
- Our Culture, What's Left Of It: Interview with Theodore Dalrymple
- Appearances on C-SPAN