Grace performing at the Road Show at the Honda Center in 2014
|Birth name||Jamie Grace Harper|
November 25, 1991|
Los Angeles, California
|Genres||Contemporary Christian, folk, Christian hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, rapper, songwriter|
Jamie Grace Harper (born November 25, 1991) is an American contemporary Christian musician, singer, rapper, and songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. In 2010, TobyMac found her songs on YouTube and signed her to his label Gotee Records for two albums. She released the song "Hold Me" in 2011 which landed her a nomination at the 2012 Grammys and won the 2012 Dove Award for New Artist of the Year.
Grace was born Jamie Grace Harper and is the youngest daughter to James and Mona Harper. She grew up singing and playing instruments in both church and at home with her older sister Morgan. She was home-schooled with her sister, Morgan Harper Nichols.
Over the years her videos received recognition from Audio Adrenaline's Mark Stuart, David Mullen and eventually landing her a singing and acting gig with the television show iShine, and subsequent tour. In 2010 she was discovered by TobyMac and signed to his record label Gotee Records later that year. In August 2016, Jamie Grace and her sister, fellow artist Morgan Harper Nichols, announced her departure from Gotee Records.
Grace's debut EP, Hold Me, was released by the label on February 22, 2011. Jamie Grace released the title track to the album at the same time and it was one of the most added singles to Christian Hit Radio stations. Her debut album, One Song at a Time, was released in stores September 20, 2011. Her second EP, Christmas Together, was released November 29, 2011.
On May 4, 2011, Jesus Freak Hideout announced that "Hold Me," her first single, had attained the No. 1 spot at CHR.
Her second studio album, Ready to Fly, produced by Christopher Stevens and David Garcia, was released January 28, 2014. The first single was "Beautiful Day". The second single available was "Fighter", an inspiring song about those who have struggled but don't give up.
She was a part of the Winter Jam Tour 2015 West Coast.
On November 25, 2016, Jamie Grace released "Party Like a Princess" to most major music streaming services, which was released as a promotional single for both her 25th birthday and her upcoming third studio album. In February 2017, Grace announced that the album would be delayed to allow Grace to address issues around her mother's health. On April 21, Grace released the lead single, The Happy Song, from the new album. On July 11, Grace, streaming live on YouTube, announced that the album would be titled '91, and would be released on September 1, 2017. Ten days later, on July 21, Grace posted the second single, Daughter of a King, on YouTube
In a somewhat unusual style, Jamie Grace combines elements of hip hop, folk, and pop into one distinct sound. She occasionally uses elements of guest vocalists, such as TobyMac in "Hold Me" and GabeReal from DiverseCity in "One Song at a Time" on Hold Me.
In 2016, she was called up onto the stage at an Adele concert. She then sang a cover of "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" – originally sung by Elvis – and Adele said that she had a great voice.
|One Song at a Time||4||84|
|Ready to Fly||
|US Christian||US Heat|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Christian Airplay||US Heat|
|2011||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||107||3||—||17||One Song at a Time|
|"Christmas Together"||—||22||—||—||Christmas Together|
|2012||"Come to Me"
(featuring Joanne Cash)
|—||40||—||—||One Song at a Time|
|2013||"Beautiful Day"||—||3||5||—||Ready to Fly|
|2014||"Do Life Big"||—||16||17||—|
|2016||"Party Like a Princess"||—||—||—||—||'91|
"—" denotes releases that did not chart.
- 2011: tobyMac – Christmas in Diverse City; "Mary's Boy Child"
- 2012: Anthem Lights – The Acoustic Sessions; "In the Light (Acoustic)"
- 2012: Morgan Harper Nichols – Verge (single); "Verge"
- 2012: tobyMac – Eye on It; "Favorite Song"
- 2013: Colossal Coaster World (Lifeway's VBS); "Colossal Coaster World", "Change My Heart", and "I Will Trust in You".
- 2012: It Happened One Night: Celebrating Christmas and Freedom Around the World; "Away in a Manger"
- 2010: All Starz 2010; "Heads Up"
|Rumors of Wars||2014|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Grammy Awards||Best Contemporary Christian Music Song||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|Dove Awards||Song of the Year||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|New Artist of the Year||Won|
|Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year||"One Song at a Time"||Nominated|
- California Birth Index. "Jamie Grace Harper Born 11/25/1991 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "Jamie Grace Discography, Jamie Grace Artist Database, Jamie Grace-Harper". jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Teens' creativity starts at home". ajc.com. December 10, 2009. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "Info". Jamiegrace.com. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Jamie Grace No Longer with Gotee Records - Announces New Music!". Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Jamie Grace, "Hold Me EP" Review jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Jamie Grace's Hold Me e.p. Releases Digitally, February 22". CM Spin. Archived from the original on March 7, 2011. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Jamie-Grace Harper << The Revolve Tour revolvetour.com. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- Recently Played – 98.5 KTIS ktis.fm. Retrieved March 5, 2011
- Jesusfreakhideout.com Music News, May 2011: Jamie Grace's Debut Single "Hold Me" Hits No. 1 jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Jamie Grace Reveals Upcoming Album 'Ready To Fly', Release Date, Features and More : BC News". breathecast. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Album review: ‘Ready To Fly’ by Jamie Grace". The Underground. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Jamie Grace. Twitter Post. Twitter https://twitter.com/jamiegraceh/status/834951393521774592. Retrieved February 24, 2017. Missing or empty
- Jamie Grace. "Jamie Grace - The Happy Song". Retrieved July 25, 2017 – via YouTube.
- Jamie Grace. "Pre-Order '91: MY NEW ALBUM!! - available 9.1.17". Jamie Grace. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- Jamie Grace. "Jamie Grace - Jamie Grace - Daughter of The King ft. Morgan Harper Nichols". Retrieved July 25, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Ready to Fly: 5 Questions with Jamie Grace". Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Moring, Mark (November 21, 2012). "Jamie Grace is holding on". Christianity Today. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Sarachik, Justin (August 10, 2016). "Adele is Wowed by Jamie-Grace's Powerful Cover at Concert". Rapzilla.
- Grace, Jamie (January 25, 2018). "I Said Yes". Instagram. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Spain, Jamie. "Christian Singer with Tourette Syndrome, Jamie Grace, Marries Fiancé After 5-Month Courtship". People Music. Jamie Spain. Retrieved 5 May 2018.
- "Grace Unplugged – Christian Movie/Film DVD | Find Christian Movies on CFDb: Largest list of Christian Films". Christianfilmdatabase.com. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "Rumors of Wars". Christian Movies All in One Place, Easy to Find! CFDb!. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
| GMA's New Artist of the Year
For King & Country