Grace performing at The Road Show at the Honda Center in 2014
|Birth name||Jamie Grace Harper|
November 25, 1991 |
Los Angeles, California
|Genres||Contemporary Christian, folk, Christian hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, rapper, songwriter|
Jamie Grace Harper (born November 25, 1991) is an American Contemporary Christian musician, singer, rapper, and songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. In 2010, she was discovered (via her YouTube channel) by TobyMac and signed to his label Gotee Records. She released the song "Hold Me" in 2011 (landing her a nomination at the 2012 Grammys) and won the 2012 Dove Award for New Artist of the Year.
Grace is the youngest daughter to James and Mona Harper. Jamie Grace grew up singing and playing instruments in both church and at home with her older sister Morgan.
Over the years her videos received recognition from Audio Adrenaline's Mark Stuart, David Mullen and eventually landing her a singing and acting gig with the television show iShine, and subsequent tour. In 2010 she was discovered by TobyMac and signed to his record label Gotee Records later that year.
Grace's debut EP, Hold Me, was released by the label on February 22, 2011. Jamie Grace released the title track to the album at the same time and it was one of the most added singles to Christian Hit Radio stations. Her debut album, One Song at a Time, was released in stores September 20, 2011. Her second EP, Christmas Together was released November 29, 2011.
Grace is featured as a main artist and speaker in the Revolve Tour by Women of Faith alongside artists such as Britt Nicole, Group 1 Crew, and Hawk Nelson. On May 4, 2011, Jesus Freak Hideout announced that "Hold Me," her first single, had attained the No. 1 spot at CHR.
Ready to Fly
The release of her second studio album, Ready to Fly, produced by Christopher Stevens and David Garcia, was released January 28, 2014. The first single was "Beautiful Day". The second single available was "Fighter", an inspiring song of those who have struggled but don't give up.
In a somewhat unique style, Jamie Grace combines elements of hip hop, folk, and pop into one distinct sound. In addition, she occasionally uses elements of guest vocalists, such as TobyMac in "Hold Me" and GabeReal from DiverseCity in "One Song at a Time".
Struggle with Tourette syndrome
|One Song at a Time||4||84|
|Ready to Fly||
|US Christian||US Heat|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Christian Airplay||US Heat|
|2011||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||107||3||—||17||One Song at a Time|
|"Christmas Together"||—||22||—||—||Christmas Together|
|2012||"Come to Me"
(featuring Joanne Cash)
|—||40||—||—||One Song at a Time|
|2013||"Beautiful Day"||—||3||5||—||Ready to Fly|
|2014||"Do Life Big"||16||17|
"—" denotes releases that did not chart.
- 2011: tobyMac – Christmas in Diverse City; "Mary's Boy Child"
- 2012: Anthem Lights – The Acoustic Sessions; "In the Light (Acoustic)"
- 2012: Morgan Harper Nichols – Verge (single); "Verge"
- 2012: tobyMac – Eye on It; "Favorite Song"
- 2013: Colossal Coaster World (Lifeway's VBS); "Colossal Coaster World", "Change My Heart", and "I Will Trust in You".
- 2012: It Happened One Night: Celebrating Christmas and Freedom Around the World; "Away in a Manger"
- 2010: All Starz 2010; "Heads Up"
|Rumors of Wars||2014|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Grammy Awards||Best Contemporary Christian Music Song||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|Dove Awards||Song of the Year||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|New Artist of the Year||Won|
|Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year||"Hold Me" (featuring tobyMac)||Nominated|
|Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year||"One Song at a Time"||Nominated|
- California Birth Index. "Jamie Grace Harper Born 11/25/1991 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "Jamie Grace Discography, Jamie Grace Artist Database, Jamie Grace-Harper". jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Info". Jamiegrace.com. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Teens' creativity starts at home". ajc.com. December 10, 2009. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Jamie Grace, "Hold Me EP" Review jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved 03-23-2011.
- "Jamie Grace's Hold Me e.p. Releases Digitally, February 22". CM Spin. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Jamie-Grace Harper << The Revolve Tour revolvetour.com. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- Recently Played - 98.5 KTIS ktis.fm. Retrieved 5 03 2011
- Jesusfreakhideout.com Music News, May 2011: Jamie Grace's Debut Single "Hold Me" Hits No. 1 jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Jamie Grace Reveals Upcoming Album 'Ready To Fly', Release Date, Features and More : BC News". breathecast. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Album review: ‘Ready To Fly’ by Jamie Grace". The Underground. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Ready to Fly: 5 Questions with Jamie Grace". Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Jamie Grace - Biography - IMDb". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- Jamie-Grace | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos myspace.com. Retrieved March 23, 2001
- "Grace Unplugged - Christian Movie/Film DVD | Find Christian Movies on CFDb: Largest list of Christian Films". Christianfilmdatabase.com. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "Rumors of Wars". Christian Movies All in One Place, Easy to Find! CFDb!. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
|GMA's New Artist of the Year
For King & Country