||This article or section appears to be slanted towards recent events. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hand in 2011
|Full name||Jamie Hand|
|Date of birth||7 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Uxbridge, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2004||→ Oxford United (loan)||11||(1)|
|2005||→ Livingston (loan)||7||(0)|
|2005||→ Peterborough United (loan)||2||(0)|
|2005||→ Peterborough United (loan)||7||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Northampton Town (loan)||11||(0)|
|2008||→ Oxford United (loan)||13||(0)|
|2010||Hemel Hempstead Town|
|2010–2012||Hayes & Yeading United||61||(3)|
|2011||→ Luton Town (loan)||13||(2)|
|2012||→ Eastleigh (loan)||2||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Hayes & Yeading United (loan)||5||(0)|
|2013||→ Margate (loan)||10||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Southport (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:17, 29 August 2015 (UTC).
Fisher Athletic and Northampton Town
Hand departed Watford after the closure of the January 2006 transfer window, joining Fisher Athletic who were not bound by the regulations of the transfer window. Without making an appearance for the club, he joined Northampton Town on loan for the remainder of the season in February 2006. At the time, Fisher were manager by Justin Edinburgh, a former teammate of Northampton's then boss Colin Calderwood leading to speculation that the Fisher move had been used to exploit a loophole in the transfer window system. Hand debuted in the 1–1 home draw with Leyton Orient on 14 February 2006 and helped the club secure promotion from Football League Two. However, he was not offered a contract by the Cobblers at the end of the season and returned to Fisher Athletic.
Hand joined Chester City in May 2006, and was a regular in the 2006–07 season. His final game for the club was in a Football League Cup tie with Nottingham Forest. The match ended goalless and Hand scored in the penalty shoot-out but Chester went out.
Hand joined another League Two side, Lincoln City, in August 2007, agreeing a two-year contract with the club and linking up with Lincoln's then Director of Football John Deehan with whom he had worked with at Northampton Town. Hand made his league debut in the 3–1 away victory over Mansfield Town on 18 August 2007 and was a regular presence in the side under the management of John Schofield but lost his place when City came under the management of Peter Jackson. At the end of February 2008, Hand was loaned out to Conference side Oxford United until the end of the season, making his second debut for the Us in the 0–0 draw at Forest Green Rovers on 1 March 2008. Despite starting 13 of Oxford's remaining 14 fixtures, the club announced that Hand would not be offered a deal for the following season and he returned to Sincil Bank. On 6 May 2008 Hand's contract with Lincoln was cancelled by mutual consent.
In August 2008 Hand joined Conference side Ebbsfleet United on non-contract terms, after spending time with them in pre-season. He made his debut in a 2–0 away victory over Torquay United on 18 August 2008, coming on as a late substitute for Stacy Long. For personal reasons Hand was allowed to leave Ebbsfleet United in February 2009.
Hayes & Yeading United
He moved on loan to divisional rivals Luton Town on 9 September 2011 until December 2011, with a view to a permanent move in January 2012. At the end of his loan spell with Luton Town manager Gary Brabin decided not to pursue a transfer, explaining his thinking behind the decision he said "Jamie was a fantastic character but hadn’t nailed down a place in the squad that was his own, so it makes sense not to pursue it."
He returned to play for Hayes but in May 2012 he quit the club, unhappy with the level of a fine for a red-card he received near the end of the season.
Hand joined Mansfield Town for the 2012–13 season. He made just one appearance, however, as a substitute against Hyde. He also had loan spells at former club Hayes & Yeading United, as well as Margate of the Isthmian League, before being released at the end of the season.
On 10 July 2013, Hand joined Stockport County, but after being restricted to five appearances in three months, he was loaned to Southport on 25 November on a deal which lasts to 11 January 2014. He was released by Stockport in May 2014.
Hand joined Conference South side Wealdstone on a trial basis in October 2014, playing in a friendly match against Met Police, but no permanent deal materialised and he signed for Farnborough in December 2014.
Hand was called up to a match for Warrington Town in January 2017 according to warringtonguardian, who was going to play against Corby Town. It was later confirmed, that he had signed with the club.
Due to the absence of manager Mark Burgess and assistant Simon Huggett, Jamie Hand stepped in alongside former Woods player Max Howell to oversee Northwood's 2-1 FA Cup Preliminary Round win at Aylesbury United on 29 August 2015. It was later confirmed that Hand is assisting the club as first-team coach.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream Publishing. p. 189. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- Hand moves to Oxford
- Watford lend Hand to Livingston
- Hornets lend Hand to Peterborough
- "Cobblers sign a helping Hand". Northampton Town F.C. 15 February 2006. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Should we abolish the transfer window?". Northampton Town F.C. 22 January 2008. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Calderwood – "It was a tough call". Northampton Town F.C. 11 May 2006. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- Hand completes Chester transfer
- Hand leaves Chester for Lincoln
- "A Hand-y New Signing". Lincoln City F.C. 17 August 2007. Archived from the original on 13 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Hand Loaned to Oxford". Lincoln City F.C. 26 February 2008. Archived from the original on 23 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Retained List". Oxford United F.C. 29 April 2008. Archived from the original on 13 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Hand Departs". Lincoln City F.C. 6 May 2008. Archived from the original on 23 February 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- Fleet get a helping Hand in midfield
- "Luton Town clinch deal for Hayes' Jamie Hand". BBC Sport. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Hand deal is dead". Bedfordshire on Sunday. 8 January 2012. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Hand quits after fine row". NonLeagueDaily.com. 4 May 2012. Archived from the original on 4 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Mansfield 1 – 0 Hyde
- "A 'Handy' signing". Stockport County F.C. Official Website. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "County lend a Hand to Sandgrounders". Stockport County F.C. Official Website. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Statement from the Manager". Stockport County F.C. Official Website. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Stones take confidence from Havant & Waterlooville display". Harrow Times. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "Stones pick up friendly victory over Met Police". Harrow Times. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "Hand's in at Boro". NonLeague.pitchero.com. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Warrington Town's injury nightmare rolls on, manager Paul Carden seeking signings‚ warringtonguardian.co.uk, 19 January 2017
- Saturday's Transfer List!, evostikleague.co.uk, 21 January 2017
- First Team - The Team - Jamie Hand‚ pitchero.com
- LATEST MOVES.....‚ nonleague.pitchero.com, 21 January 2017
- "Northwood F C Reports 2015-16 | Aylesbury United A". www.northwoodfc.com. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Ford, Matt. "Former Watford midfielder gives Northwood a helping hand". WD Sport. www.wdsport.co.uk. Retrieved 22 July 2016.